How much do you download?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by MasterChief, Jan 25, 2010.

1. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

The age of HD is upon us now with internet companies claiming large connections, it's all about how much you download?

Since getting steam and digitilizing everything, I have found my internet usage has sky-rocketed. So far in Jan, 200Gb. My ISP hasn't said anything so far though - Usually, I go over the 50Gb-60Gb month mark and they're telling me they're slowing me down this week. I don't download much during their peek hours though.

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx Moderator

My ISP doesn't complain but I can do 100gbs a day. Like right now I'm downloading house season 5 and what's been released for season 6. That's totals to about 70-80gbs alone. Plus all the other goodies. The only one I think could do better than me is InsaneNutter. Mostly because his connection is much better than mine.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

What about the Japanese and Koreans? I hear 100mbit is like the price of a Mc Donalds over there. Not that I remember seeing any anyone from Japan/Korea on Digiex.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think you probably beat me hands down for who downloads the most KingBurn ;)

Our bandwidth usage varies between months although has increased a fair bit over 2009.

[​IMG]

Main traffic is probably: HDTV downloads, Digiex backups, Xbox Live, Iplayer and Steam.

5. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Mine is like King's, I can download as much as I want. Though King can download much quicker, so yeah he probably wins. Though I think I could download 100GB in a day, not sure if my internet is quick enough to download that much in a day..

6. Titcher

Titcher Addict

I download on average 160GB a month. Not because of speed limits or anything, but I run out of things to download. After downloading whole romsets and TV series, it's mostly just waiting on things to come out so you can download them. I lost my logs, but some months I did download huge amounts, the amount I download normally goes up when I buy a new hard drive.
    Since I've started with the usage logs, I remember the highest download in a month being 250GB, except I did 90% of that in the last week of the month I believe. If I had the stuff to download, the places, and the hard drive space however, I could download upwards of 24TB in a month.

7. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

November 2009 (Incoming: 226521 MB / Outgoing: 20631 MB) (226gb Down, 20gb up)
    December 2009 (Incoming: 310685 MB / Outgoing: 22737 MB) (310gb Down, 22gb up)
    January 2010 (Incoming: 246528 MB / Outgoing: 31908 MB) (246gb Down, 31gb up)

8. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    OK, you all make me look really slack for not downloading a shitload every month.

But then again, I'm crippled by strict monthly limits (100GB) that's shaped to 1MB after :(

Actually I probably could download more now that my shaped speed is a lot faster (used to be 64k)

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Well no point in downloading for the sake of doing so! ;)

In our house for example we have 4 people who use the internet for a lot of bandwidth intensive stuff, the usage is not for one person alone although I probably do use quite a lot.

10. paardje

paardje Addict

Not so much lately, my wireless is a bit on the crappy side! :D