How To (Slowly) Earn Free Microsoft Points

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Dark Scyth, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I'm doing a rather quick and simple guide to earn Microsoft Points over time.

Sign up for Bing Rewards. You can find the exact URL needed by typing "Bing Rewards" into a search engine. After you've signed up you'll be taken to a screen that says "Discover" and "Rewards." With the Discover tab you can gain bing points that can be used to get Microsoft Points and other various things such as a free month of Hulu+.

As you can see with the Discover Tab, there are various little things you can do to earn points. It's pretty simple, most of them are just click to get a few points and then use Bing Search 20 times to get 10 more points, you can type in random numbers or words for the search bar to get the 10 points. After you do all of the Tabs under Discover, you can only do the current offer from then on. Which will still give you 13 points a day, so every 10 days you could get 100MSP.

The Rewards Tab is quite obvious. After you have gotten enough points from the Discover Tab you can spend the points for whatever you like.

Attached Files:

thekorngear, Rockman and InsaneNutter like this.
  2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

This is awesome, but it's only for US residents.

I hope someday they'll bring this over to UK/Europe.

I could just make a US Xbox LIVE / Hotmail-LIVE, I'll think about it. Thanks.

3. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

(N)

Rockman likes this.
  4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I'm sure a US email would work just fine if not a proxy. It's also worth noting that if you get Microsoft Points from using the rewards program, it isn't instantly linked to a gamertag. They give you a code which you should be able to redeem on any Live account.

5. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

I tried to, created a US Hotmail account but it still won't work. :(

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Seems you'll have to use a Proxy with it.

7. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

I've used Free Hide IP 3.7.8 which works with US websites and yet it won't allow me. Damn it, I really want this!