I am a Legally Blind 62 year Young man. My Nickname is Moonshine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Moonshine, May 10, 2017.

1. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I have been called Moonshine since I was 14. Use to make it and Concord Grape Wine. 28 Proof. Shine was 156 proof.
    I build computer's for kids in Junior or Highs School with low income families. I put A software in called Window Eyes or I use Jaws for Windows. Then I donate them to the kids with Visual Impairments. I also collect Music, Music Video's and Old Movies. I am on Facebook. My computer is old like me. Still run DDR2 800Mhz. Amd Athlon x64 Dual Core 6,000. It runs about 3.00 Gig and 8 gig memory. I have about 4750 Gigs of hard Drives.Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. HDMI amd a Sound System That Has Broken My Office window From The Subs and 350 Amp. Kenwood Speakers. It gets me by. Make my grandson who has a bedroom downstairs under me. It use to be a shop and has no sound proofing like the rest of lower floor.
    I Retired from Goodyear after about 45 to 47 years as a Tech and Manager, Not much more about me that I do not feel 62,.but 45. I am a moderate Repair in Computers. Good God! I have built enough. Any questions, my e-mail door is always open. garyshine@charter.net Thanks to all. :)

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Hey and welcome to Digiex, how did you find us? that's a really good thing your doing building computers that are accessible to people with visual impairments :)

My first job was working for a company that built custom specification computers based on what the costumer ordered, at first it was great building all these high end computers, costing more than I would earn in a month! The novelty soon wore off though and I ended up getting fed-up of building computers all day every day.

These days im happy to build one for family and friends here and there, its all about laptops and tablets these days it seems, so i never really get asked to build a PC anymore, however i still build / upgrade my own.