Install any size, any model hard drive in retail 4gb Xbox 360 Slim, No Hddhackr

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by seanpr92, Oct 16, 2012.

1. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

It has been found that you can have an external hard drive of any size hooked into a retail 4gb slim and use the whole drive as xbox 360 storage. (500Gb and 1Tb already tested by other members of another website). It requires some hardware modifications and there is no way to tell if this is going to be patched in future updates but it is 100% possible. I am not in any way affilliated with the people that found the info, I am merely sharing it to you all.

Its a standard USB extension cable soldered to the 4Gb internal memory port. You can then plug in any drive externally (poke the cable through the case) and format it using the system menu (you will need to leave the 4Gb memory chip disconnected though)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

InsaneNutter and Rick like this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Pretty nice find for slim owners, i imagine it will soon be patched if its anything like datel managed to do with the memory cards a few years ago.

Would be nice if we could just have what ever size hard drive we wanted in a retail console, my 250gb is full now so i'm having to delete older games i have installed.

3. Rick

Rick Moderator

4. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

yep took its time to circle the net though lol ,so can they patch this via software or is it another thing like rgh where it ms made new mobo revision