Is it me or .....

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by slimwadey, Sep 19, 2010.

1. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

So i am not a great games player, i get beaten on COD all the time, the kids rib me about my old age and slow reactions.. i'm 39 !

I have played and completed every Cod and Halo game out so far all on legendary or veteran
    But i find Reach is rather easier than i expected on Legendary.. ok i have not completely finished the game, i am on level 6 in the Covenant ship, just killed all the Elites on the bridge with an Energy sword
    While some parts are not easy on the whole i think its easier than Halo3 , the Cortana level on H3 was so frustrating i nearly smashed the Xbox up !

So pray tell ... do you think its easier ?

Steve

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Its not you, Reach is much easier than Halo 3.

On Friday I was playing 4 player legendary co-op, I think we started from the third chapter around 7pm and had finished the game by 1am. Although it wasn't exactly the easiest thing ever I remember it took us 2 full nights of playing from around 7pm to 1/2am to finish Halo 3 on 4 player legendary co-op.

As for getting beaten online all the time, your reactions are probably fine, you just dont dedicate all your time to playing games like the people who are probably beating you do. My friends brother comes home and plays Modern Warfare 2 late in to the night all week long. As you would expect he can totally destroy me when I play him, I'm quite sure if I played the game as much as he does I would easily be as good. I usually do pretty average on a game once i get to grips with it, ill never be top of the pack in every game, however ill never be last in every game either.

3. Andami

Andami Addict

It's all about how much time you invest in a game. The people who beat you are probably the kids who only play one or two games max. I'm not ashamed to say that my little bro can beat me at CoD because simply, I never play it :P

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

When playing games like Halo, It's honestly best to slow down matchmaking by making it look for people around your skill level. the TrueSkill system does work, but in Modern Warfare 2 and Halo's default speedy matchmaking, its rarely used besides when attempting to balance the teams (and even then, it can't do it fairly half the time, because it doesn't split up partys).

It does mean it takes a minute or two to get into a game, instead of the usual 10-20 seconds, but its honestly worth it for a more fun experience. Also the first few times you do it, you probably won't get matched up that well, as the system hasnt fully figured out your skill level, relative to other players. If you keep at it, and use skill search all the time, over time the system will get better and better, and you should have a chance in every match, coming first a few times, coming last a few times but mostly being "average" in the middle.

5. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

I'm going for the Achievement on Reach for going it alone on legendary.. the kids are on at me every time i get stuck saying "we could help on co-op " But nooooo

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

When I first started playing MW2 I was sorta bad, my K/D was a .79 or so. After I racked up 2 days having that K/D I had an idea of where people would camp and roam around. Now I am up to 4 days on MW2 with a 1.11 K/D ratio and slowly rising with a running class. Since I have an idea where people camp and general areas that people like to keep I can usually win because of my erratic actions, i'm never in the same place so people can't watch the kill cam and go back to the area where the camper was and kill that way. For multiplayer games it'll always take a little bit of time to get it down, no one can instantly be a prodigy at a game.

As far as Reach being easier I have no idea as I haven't played it yet (not sure if I ever will). Though personally I didn't find Halo 3 to be that difficult on legendary. You could bring it to attention that I haven't even beat Halo 3 on Legendary. That is because I got all the way to the second to last level on Legendary on Solo and at the end of the level it freezes, not sure why but it won't let me finish so I just gave up on it all together.

7. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Slim, I still wait to see the day when I beat you on Trials HD. I nearly have you on some tracks ;)

8. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Keep trying, you will get there soon, i have not completed some of the latest download content tracks yet
    And my Slimwadey3a account has been banned too so i cant improve my times :'(

Slim