Jazz Jackrabbit 2 on Steam

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Assassin, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I was just looking through Epic's game catalogue on Steam, and I was wondering why Jazz Jackrabbit 2 isn't on there.. Now I know they're not supporting the game anymore, but if there's a possibility to get it on Steam, it could really help the community and get more people to play the game. So I thought, why not send an e-mail to Epic. Well, because I can't find an e-mail address anywhere.. There's no contact page or anything, so I was wondering, does anyone think it's a lost cause + why, and if you do support me, does anyone have an e-mail address?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788464
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667516
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664096 (With a cameo from our own InsaneNutter! ;))

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=17534

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think it’s a great idea as you have probably guessed ;)

If somehow you managed to get an email address for an employee at epic there is no guarantee that person would pass your email on to the appropriate person or take too kindly to getting spammed by many hardcore JJ2 fans.

Would it not be better to start a topic on the Epic forums? Epic employees do read the forums and it might just catch the attention of the right person if enough people show support for the idea.

Looking at the Digiex Download Centre JJ2 has had 3000+ downloads so there’s defiantly demand for the game. A bonus pack of all the best levels by the JJ2 community could be included with the Steam version, that would add many hours of game play to JJ2.

3. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Personally I'm a bit sceptical about posting on a developer's forum, since they rarely reply. I'd like to get a clear answer if they're planning on ever releasing it on Steam. It's worth a shot though ofcourse. I like your bonus pack idea, there's enough levels to make a really nice pack! ;)

4. InsaneNutter

I have seen Epic developers replying on the epic forums but as you say could just as easy get over looked, we could try them both and double the chances of someone taking notice.

I believe Nimrod used to be in contact with someone at Epic games as he got them to redirect list.jazzjackrabbit.com to the Digiex list server, it could be worth speaking to him to see if he has an email address.

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

How could you forget our special relationship at Digiex with Epic games in getting the online play back online on JJ2 and allowing us to host it?

6. InsaneNutter

I didnt, which is why I said I belive you have the contact details for someone at Epic ;)

7. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Well, if Digiex has a special relationship with Epic, why not mention Digiex in the email/forum post? It might make more of an impact than just some fan.

8. Assassin

Assassin Addict

9. InsaneNutter

I replied to your thread on the Epic Forums to bump it up a bit, have you posted about this on Jazz2Online?

10. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I haven't, since there already had been a thread about this like you have seen in my first post, but maybe they will help the cause.

11. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Well the thread didn't really amount to a lot..

12. InsaneNutter

I must admit I did think your idea would get a better response than it has so far, as I posted on the Epic forums it would be nice to have a legal place where people can easily buy the Jazz games.

I posted about your idea on the Jazz2Online forums, might get a few hardcore JJ2 players interested in the idea.

Im not really too sure what else we can do sadly.

13. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Thanks, hopefully that will help. I've replied to my thread in the Epic forums asking if anyone from Epic ever visits the forums and if they might know a way to contact them.

14. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I responded in the JCF forum, since it didn't really get the response I expected.. :P

15. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

If they were to bring it to Steam I'd be sure to buy it. I'd have it installed on my netbook, hence ultra portable JJ2 :D I'll post about this on the Titan forums as I know some members there have played some Jazz Jazkrabbit before and we have a member there who's actually done some work on UT3 for Epic!

16. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Thanks, hopefully that will help.
    I found an email address on Google of Mark Rein, who's the vice president of Epic. The article it was in dated back to 2003 though, so I hope it still works. I'm wondering though, would he be the right person to mail this to?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  17. InsaneNutter

Mark Rein owns Epic doesn't he? probably a good place to start!

Any reply?

18. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I mailed him yesterday but haven't got anything back yet. I'll tel you when I hear anything. ;)

19. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Still didn't get an answer. I doubt I'll get any.. :P

20. InsaneNutter

Thats a shame, the thread on the Epic forums amd J2o didnt exactly go anywhere either.
    Create a Facebook group and invite everyone on your friends list? That seems to be the thing to do thise days ;) (not that i belive it helps much!)