Just introducing myself

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DJMadMax, Mar 10, 2010.

1. DJMadMax

DJMadMax Member

Hi there!

Yesterday by accident i stumbled over this great site! After a short observation i decided to register myself, because i really admire your work here!

I truly am a retro gamer and yesterday i thought about "Rollcage" of which i used to play the demo years ago - so i looked it up in google and found this site. You can imagine what the first game was, i added to my download list :)

After that (and i already was very impressed that the site even offers unlimited downloading for unregistered users) i startet reading some sticky threads from Nimrod for a better understanding of what exactly this forum really is up to and it seems that it´s exactly what i´m into when it comes to retrospective gaming :)

I own a lot of original "oldschoolers", still supportet ones as well as abandoned or even freeware and although i only have a very slow broadband connection (the slowest available in Germany but unfortunately the fastest one available in my region :( ) i already thought about uploading some unsupported and not (or hard) to find games i still love to play and would like to share with such a great community.

For example i even have the "Doom 3 E3 Beta" (with the PinkyDemon bathroom scene, quote John Carmack "...blood dripping out of it´s mouth..." what unfortunately wasnt implemented into the release version of the game (H) ), the Daikatana Beta and the very first "Unreal Tournament Beta"

The oldest original games i own are Stunts 4D Sports Driving, Rebel Assault, Chicago 90, Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2 and stuff like that.

Well, just wantet to express my joy that i´ve found this site!

Keep up the great work :)

Cya, Max

2. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Hello and welcome :)

I'm really glad you enjoyed Rollcage and some of the other content we have here :) Were proud to offer some oldschool content which is hard to find on other sites, as well as making sure all our content is open to everyone, members and non-members alike :) We even go out of our way to provide patches and support on getting them running on modern PC's and more :)

The content you have to offer would be greatly received by us, and the hundreds of guests who are viewing the site at any one time, I welcome you to our community and if you have any questions please do let me know, either on the forums, on my profile or via a private message and ill be glad to help out :)