Kinect.. The spy in the living room??

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by slimwadey, Nov 15, 2010.

1. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Xbox COO Dennis Durkin has told investors that the Kinect could be used to grab details of gamers and their environments to create targeted advertising, adding it offers a ‘bunch of business opportunities’.
    “We can cater which content we present to you based on who you are,” said Durkin, as reported by The Wall Street Journal.
    “How many people are in the room when an ad is shown? How many people are in the room when a game is being played? When you add this sort of device to a living room, there’s a bunch of business opportunities that come with that.”
    Microsoft, however, was quick to deny the claims and issued the following statement: “Xbox 360 and Xbox Live do not use any information captured by Kinect for advertising targeting purposes
    “Microsoft has a strong track record of implementing some of the best privacy protection measures in the industry.
    “We place great importance on the privacy of our customers’ information and the safety of their experiences.”

http://www.incgamers.com/News

Hmmm

Its quite a scary thought that everything thing that happens in front of a Kinect sensor could be monitored by Microsoft

Slim

2. BigRod989

BigRod989 Addict

lol that just makes me more glad I don't have one, Just what I just to have Microsoft to look at all my smoking pieces ;)