Kung Fu Panda review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by paardje, Aug 2, 2009.

1. paardje

paardje Addict

Well, it's up to me now to write a little review about the game Kung Fu Panda. As you well know it's all about the game based on the DreamWorks movie. It starts with a little tutorial... when Po is actually dreaming this! (Yes, he can :D) In this tutorial you'll be explained how the game works, and you'll even have later on the chance to fight the first boss (at the end and he's a real easy to beat) Later on (after a few cutscenes, who look rather nice indeed!!!) you 'wake up' in the real world and you have to get to the palace. The second boss entirely exsists of QTE's (Quick Timed Events, button presses at the right time!) and you only have to hit a target to activate this. After that (and some running around, hahaha!) you'll finally get to the palace, but not before you send crane to the MOST ANNOYING PART of the game: namely flying thru a thunderstorm. And why is that so annoying? Well, if you move left/right you can't see if the lighting hits you yes or no! Very unclear to see, you only see thunderclouds coming towards you and you can't avoid them in time. (Well, I can't!) And: you have to start over, with as result: crashing down time and again! After that you have to guard the palace and you get to the lake of tears. The rest I won't tell you because that won't be fair, does it? Overall it's kinda a kiddy game, the professional gamer has the game ended in no time flat (even with that thunderstorm)

Graphical: it looks really stunning, even more on XBOX 360

Controls: are a bit awkward but I got used to it, the jumping takes a little practice (did not knew there was a double jump also involved!)

Music: beautiful! Really sets the stage for every level!

Voices: sorry, they are NOT from the original cast but others were hired in! Really a shame!

Is it worth it? Yes, if you have the movie and some kiddies to play with it on the XBOX!

[​IMG]

RATING: A very big 8/10!

xzKinGzxBuRnzx and InsaneNutter like this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I must admit I loved the movie, the game has never really interested me but I agree if you had kids I’m sure it would be a game they enjoyed a lot. (Y)

3. Haloman

Haloman Addict

same with me. good film but the game has never really apealled to me. but thanks for the great review. hope you do some for other stuff.

4. paardje

paardje Addict

Ofcourse, I know some others titles I could review... :D;)

5. ShockResist

ShockResist Resident

the movie was awesome, but i usually dont like games that came from the movie. they arent that great.

6. robert_kendo

robert_kendo Active Member

yeah,this game is very funny..i like this fat panda...he he..i played only the preview disc on xbox with the 3 levels,but its a nice game!!