Lag in emulators

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by TheMxz, Apr 6, 2023.

1. TheMxz

TheMxz New Member

I downloaded PCSX3 and tried to run a game(it is playable in compatibility list) and it is lagging so much(fps is around 3 or 4).
    Also before that i tried PCSX2 and it was even worse, i watched youtube vids about fixing lag and it got a little better but it was still unplayable.
    My specs:
    Windows: Windows 10 64-Bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7
    GPU: Nvidia GT 525M
    Also I usually play GTA V with mods, i've played Just Cause 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands, The Sims 4, GTA IV and PPSSPP games with good fps, too.
    I mean, PS2 games should not be lagging like this, they don't have better graphics and details compared to games above absolutely.
    (I know my GPU and CPU is outdated)
    I appreciate any helps with PCSX3 or other emulators to reduce this lag, or another way to experience games.
    (Also I know I must upgrade my computer)
    Thanks!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The PS2 might be old, however that does not mean its an easy console to emulate as you have found. 12+ year old hardware will just not cut it sadly.

Looking at the setup guide for PCSX2 it states the minimum GPU requirements are a PassMark rating around 3000 (GeForce GTX 750)
    Sadly the GeForce GT 525M in your machine has a PassMark rating of: 463, so comes no where close which is why you are only seeing 3-4 fps.

Best advice I can give you is to get a cheap AMD Ryzen Powered Mini PC on Ebay, these things really do run emulators well and don't really cost a lot when buying them used.

Video showing a $150 HP Elitedesk 705 G4 emulating PS2 games at 60fps:

3. TheMxz

TheMxz New Member

Alright thank you!

4. ZacSc

ZacSc Member

Hmmm, there's nothing in the article, is that how it's supposed to be?