Litil Divil

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Fennyariel, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Resident

Now I can't get Litil Divil to run and I'm using the latest version of DOSBox too.:'(

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

What did you try to get it working? I don’t really use Dos box that much.
    Assassin is the resident Dosbox expert here, have you checked his guide out in the Digiex guides section?

It might be worth setting up a virtual machine running Windows 95/98 to run some of these older games if you don’t have any luck.

3. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Resident

Virtual machine?! What's that?!
    *scratches her head
    Oh! Do you mean like a friend of mine was telling me about? He told me it's possible to make up an old MSDOS machine with one of those USB thumb drives. Is that what you're talking about?

And about what I did to get it running in DOSBox I know I did all I could think of.

4. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I just tried running it myself and ran into a problem as well. Is your problem that when you try to run the game you get this message: 'Provide full path of where installed on HD'? If so do this:

In the folder with the game, there should be a directory called install. Go there and then run install.exe. Install the game anywhere you want (you should go for an easy place, like the default: C:\DIVIL). After installing, run setup to adjust the sound and keys. Now running the game is a little hard. If you run the game from the directory you installed it in, it won't work either. What you do is this:

Go to the directory with the downloaded game in it (not the installed one) and enter 'divil c:\divil\' (the c:\divil\ should be the directory in which you installed the game. If you used a different directory, enter that). Hope it works for you now.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

A virtual machine is basically a virtual computer, you install a program such as Microsoft’s Virtual PC or Virtual Box (both free) then you can install an operating systems like Windows 95 and use applications in the Virtual Machine that don’t work on Vista or the OS your using.

If you look at the attachment I have a Windows XP install running in a virtual machine on Windows Vista.

Attached Files:

6. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Resident

Well you're right about my problem Assassin, I just don't know how to type something into a folder.