Living A Digital Existence Week 11

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by MunkyMagikUK, Dec 24, 2008.

1. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

Living a Digital Existence Week 11

Christmas Special

Merry Christmas Everyone!

First of all I’d just like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! It’s the time of year where we spend time with family and friends, drink, eat and be merry! So I’d like to just say to everyone that you should relax, enjoy your presents, and have a wonderful time.

I would also like to apologize for a lack of a blog over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been very busy (getting drunk) and haven’t really felt up to it, sorry!

I wish it could be Christmas every day?

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I don’t think that this year it’s really felt like it is Christmas. I mean, I’m writing this on Christmas Eve, and it has only really just hit me that it’s Christmas tomorrow. I don’t think there has been the hype that usually surrounds us at Christmas, whether it be due to the recent economic troubles meaning that everyone isn’t buying as much (even though our tree has lots of prezzies under it! :D) or whether it’s because now that I’m older, Christmas has lost a lot of the magic it used to have.

I remember when I was 7 years old or so, I would wake up at around 7am, wake my parents up, rush downstairs, they would get a cup of tea, and I would begin to rip the wrapping off of the presents that Santa had brought me. Since I found out Santa wasn’t real (when I was about 8 I think, what a devastating day!) I think that Christmas has slowly lost its magic, but this year especially it doesn’t seem to have been hyped up as much.

Now don’t get me wrong, I still love Christmas, spending time with family, eating a massive lunch, and opening presents, and then in the evening watching some good old Christmas TV (Doctor Who FTW!) and I think that it’s a really special time of year. And although I’m not really religious at all, I think that there are other messages that some out of Christmas, such as those of giving to people and coming together, that are just as important.

So, what I want to know is, what are everyone’s plans for the big day? I plan to wake up pretty late, laze about for a bit, eat a massive lunch, open our presents (as we always open ours after lunch) and then watch my Tim Minchin DVD for a couple of hours, and then play on the good old Xbox :)

So again, I would like to once again wish everyone a very merry Christmas, and a happy new year! Living A Digital Existence will be back with you in the New year, so...

Until next time...

David
    (MunkyMagikUK)

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Yea, I agree mate. Now that im older I dont get as excited with christmas. Just been like any other day of the year. I does not help having nothing under the tree. Just got a TV and a memory stick pro duo.

So ill be sat there watching my sister unwrap their presents.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It just hit me today that it’s Christmas Eve, it really doesn’t seem like its Christmas to me this year! Must be a sign of age! :O

I remember when I was really young I wouldn’t be able to sleep and would wake up at 5am wanting to open presents, it really was hard back then waiting until 7am which was the earliest we were allowed to wake our parents up!

I’m looking forward to Christmas dinner, its the best meal of the year and no one cooks it like my mum! ;)

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

4. Safinn

Safinn Addict

That what I'm looking forward to this year aswell, the party after where the meal is!!

5. xsg

xsg Member

I seem not to get as exited now thta i am getting older it sucks i use to love christmas and now i don't give as much care its called o.l.d

6. wagner

wagner Well-Known Member

Christmas does lose a bit of it's charm with age I guess...But I will never lose my christmas spirit.otherwise santas sleigh won't be able to fly anymore!;)

7. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Haha.. What film is that from wagner? Remember it to me a decent film.