Looking for good computer

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by MrNitvit, Dec 29, 2012.

1. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

Its been nearing my birthday recently and i have got around £150 so far (from Christmas and since in birthdays, you can ask for money and not be considered rude. So... I'm going to ask for money this years birthday and hopefully raise enough to get around £500. I have decided that if i reach the mark, then i shall spend it on buying, making a new computer. But since making a new computer, that seems a bit daunting to me. So im just going to buy one. The best place i have found to relatively cheap computer but for good power is cyberpowerpc's. They have deals and really good computer for quite cheap prices. The one that caught my eye was the cyberpower B75 configurator. CyberPower B75 Configurator

If anyone finds a better site to find cheaper/better for money site to sell computers, please tell me.

One more thing i have no monitors or keyboards, so thats another thing although i do own and G9x gaming logitech mouse .

Thanks for any help you people give me :)

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Are you in the UK or US? reason i asked is you linked to an American website, however state your currency in £.

Let us know, your country is kinda needed to help with something like that! :)

3. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

I live in England.

4. InsaneNutter

5. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

I dont personally know the difference between AMD and Intel (seeing as i have only got into computers recently). Which is better? I heard for the price AMD offers good deals but with Intel it offers more power, though for more money?

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Intel is better in terms of clocks per second and more efficient per watt. Though AMD is usually way less expensive. I personally have a 4.2GHz Quad core from AMD and I have absolutely no complaints. I use it for gaming and emulating about every console there is to emulate and it does it just fine. I personally built my own rig for about 420$ or 320£. So if you think you can build your own, that may be the way to go. The PC I use now is the first one i've built, it seems like it's a bit much but it's actually fairly simple, took me about 45 minutes to finish putting it together.

7. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

Ok, seemingly the one InsaneNutter gave me is best for my price budget, i was happy when i saw the cheap computers but i still need keyboard and monitors. I have a mouse though

8. InsaneNutter

9. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

I would greatly appreciate if you could recommend a really cheap monitor and keyboard

10. InsaneNutter

This is a pretty nice keyboard, ordered a couple at work and people like them, i found it nice to type on and im fussy with keyboards - Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 Black - USB | Ebuyer.com

HANNS-G HL198DPB LCD LED 19" DVI Monitor - cant honestly say how good it is, however it has DVI and VGA which a lot of cheap monitors in that price range dont.

HannsG HL249DPB LED LCD 23.6" DVI Monitor - could pay a bit more and get a 23.6"" screen, again never owned a hannsg screen but the reviews look good for the price.