Microsoft E3 Press Conference

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Safinn, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Did anyone see the Microsoft E3 Press Conference? I saw it live on gamespot and it was amazing! I really suggest watching it if you didn't. Gamespot are uploading it now so it should be up soon.

Microsoft Press Conference - E3 09 Live Video Game Demos at GameSpot

Can't wait for the other press confrences by nintendo and sony tomorrow.

2. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Can't wait for all these games! I mean Assassin's Creed 2, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Just Cause 2, Dead Rising 2, Halo: Reach, Halo 3: STD (that was you Nutter ;)), I mean ODST. I have a feeling I may have missed a few, but I know there are a lot of games. I have a sickening feeling that I am going to be very poor, very soon. Especially with Red Faction tomorrow, and Protoype next week. Goodbye paychecks!

3. P.KID

P.KID Addict

all i can say is halo reach and halo std(nutty did that :P )... :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Halo 3 STD ;) is out the same week Halo 3 was I believe, should be able to get it finished before Uni starts again.

Also looking forward to Crackdown 2, Halo: Reach and Possibly Left for Dead 2.

Project Natal looks like it will bring the 360 on par with the Wii for interactivity.

I also think the Facebook and Twitter integration for the 360 could be fun.

5. Safinn

Safinn Addict

The natal looks really cool. I want them to put it into modern warfare 2 lol.

6. KillerWhiteMan

Ya Natal should help put Microsoft ahead of Sony and Nintendo. Although, we don't know what those two have up their sleeves. We'll have to wait for their press conferences to see what they have in store.

7. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Watching nitendos live now. Nothing special yet. They have a new controller and now they are just showing the new games. Oh yea and the wii fit +.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/

8. P.KID

P.KID Addict

Wii- the worst :(
    sony- below avg. expectations |-)
    Xbox- a blowout! :)

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Wii - Barely played, it was sort of fun. Don't know about anything new for it.
    Sony - Don't know never played it, heard something about a wand or something.
    Xbox - Something about not needing a controller anymore, although I could care less seeing how i'm about 5 minutes away from bashing my 360 with a sledge hammer:-@

10. KillerWhiteMan

That sounds serious. Don't do it! Whatever it did wrong, it didn't mean it!

11. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Well, it felt like being a total POS!!! It randomly corrupted my profile (after getting yet another E68 error) then I try to recover my profile from XBL. Then it decides to tell me I can't recover my profile because I don't have enough room, even though i have 5.8GB LEFT ON THE DAMN HDD. So I delete my profile from my 360 but since Microsoft makes horrible controllers, I went to delete it and go up to delete profile and nothing else but since the controller is a piece of shit I pressed up twice but only went up once and so it deleted my profile and ALL of my games and gamesaves. I think a nice session of smashing my 360 into the ground may be what I need to do.

I'm to the point where I could care less about my Xbox. No one knows how to make a console that doesn't break anymore.

12. KillerWhiteMan

Gee tell me how you really feel ;). I can say I am sorry for the frustration. I did see you online recently though, so did it get fixed?

13. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, its fixed...for now...

14. KillerWhiteMan

Knowing good old American know-how, we'll see how long it lasts....

15. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I was very impressed with Microsofts conference. It had plenty of new games to show, great trailers of games already announced and some great gameplay demonstrations as well like Alan Wake, which I thought was becoming like DNF. Very interested in Natal, it looks like it'd be great if it works they way they showed it working. I did have a funny thought on it though. When you stand in front of it, it automatically signs you into Xbox Live. But what happens if you have an identical twin, how would it know who is who?

16. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

It probably couldn't. I knew identical twin and I could actually tell them apart when others really couldn't for some reason, they looked slightly different but I doubt that the recognition on it will be THAT good.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  17. KillerWhiteMan

I for one am looking forward to this Natal project. I mean the Wii is one thing, but to use motion detection in full blockbuster games would be awesome. Makes me wonder how the new Tony Hawk Ride game will work. I know they have a skateboard but I'm wondering how they can get all the tricks in the game to be done on just that flat board, I mean I'm assuming you cannot lift the board off the ground, so I wonder how exactly it will work.

18. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Im not sure if it would work too well at all with Tony Hawks, Tony himself has said said “We actually tried to get Tony Hawk Ride running with a camera, but it wasn’t accurate enough. Plus you can’t really do ollies, grabs and flips when you’re just standing on nothing.” – Link

As I mentioned in another post with the right games I can see this been quite successful, it depends a lot on the devs too.

19. KillerWhiteMan

20. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Wow. I never even thought of that. You can use both the controller and natal while playing a game like in some of the examples given on that link. This could make gaming much more interactive and fun while actually working!