Microsoft's "Summer of Arcade" 2009 Releases.

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by cardo69, Jul 13, 2009.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Microsoft Announces "Summer of Arcade" 2009 Releases

Xbox.com’s Major Nelson spread the word today on what games would be included as part of Microsoft’s Summer of Arcade, as well as their prices and release dates. Find the full list of incredible Xbox LIVE Arcade releases below:
    July 22nd - "Splosion Man" (800 MS Points/$10)
    Fools they were, to tread where knowledge should stay forbidden. For what emerged was not a man - it was a Splosion Man. "And all who saw him were sploded, for he was the fire and they were but meat." Able to splode himself at will, the Splosion Man launches his way through levels as an uncontainable force. From Twisted Pixel Games, developer of the award winning The Maw™, Splosion Man will keep you on your toes as you play through more than 50 single-player levels and 50 multiplayer levels.
    July 29th - “Marvel vs. Capcom 2″ (1200 MS Points/$15)
    One of the most popular fighting games of all time, “Marvel vs. Capcom 2,” arrives worldwide on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Choose from 56 legendary characters from Marvel Comics and Capcom history, including Ryu and Wolverine. With online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE and enhanced HD graphics, decide your own dream team in the ultimate tag-team fighting experience.
    August 5th - “TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled” (1200 MS Points/$15)
    Cowabunga dude! Marking the franchise’s 25 anniversary, everyone's favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is back with a brand new look in “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.” The arcade classic has been revamped with all new 3D graphics, but the same classic beat 'em up gameplay.
    August 12th - Trials HD (1200 MS Points/$15)
    “Trials HD” is guaranteed to get our heart racing.” Put on your helmet, and rev your way through “Trials HD,” a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing platformer in stunning HD graphics. Tear up more than 50 tracks and test your metal in two unique game modes: Race and Skill. Create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks with the level editor, and customize your rider to fit your personality. August 19th - Shadow Complex (1200 MS Points/$15)
    “Shadow Complex” is the next evolution in downloadable games. “Shadow Complex” marries the quality and depth of a full retail title with the stunning visuals of Epic Games’ industry-leading Unreal Engine 3, and a classic side-scroller. Set in the world of Orson Scott Card’s best-selling novel, “Empire,” Shadow Complex provides more than 10 hours of in-depth gameplay and introduces a compelling universe in which you collect items and power-ups, and evolve your character into a force of destruction.”

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think the arcade games are getting a bit expensive now :S

I really want Trial’s HD tho so ill most likely end up buying that.

3. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I've never heard of the game before (trials), but the write up about it.... well.... looks amazing, im trying to find a trailer that i can watch of the game, will post it the moment i get 1, looks a very interesting game, very different to other games... But the arcade games are going up more and more, it seems like the recession is even effecting Microsoft, so much that they have to hike up their prices for the games.... lol!!

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I am not spending 1200 points on an Arcade game unless its close to a full game (Like the Battlefield one).

Trials does interesting me, but not at that cost, espically when i got the PC version. I know insanenutter will spend 1200 for the acheivements though ;)

5. InsaneNutter

A trailer here, mainly of the guy falling off his bike all the time: Exclusive: Emotional Trials HD trailer

You can download a demo of Trials 2 Second Edition off Steam: Trials 2 Second Edition on Steam

Pfft you know I’m a fan of the Trails games, if i wanted easy achievements I would buy all the early EA games like Fight Night 3 ;)

6. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Does it offer anything new from the PC one? If not then it would be a pointless purchase however if it offers new content, I shall consider it myself!

7. InsaneNutter

Yes it’s a totally new game.

I’m sold on that fact the game includes a level editor and will let you share new levels for free on Xbox Live.

I think you will honestly get more fun and replay value out of this than some retail games.

Found the trailer I coudnt find yesterday: http://download.redlynxtrials.com/video/trialshd/TrialsHD-Trailer-720.wmv