Minecraft Iphone App?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Trebor, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Minecraft is an indie gaming phenomenon with 500,000+ player signed up while it’s still in alpha (see our Minecraft review to see what all the fuss is about) and it looks like someone decided to capitalise on that. Minecrafted, a Minecraft iPhone app, turned up on the iTunes App Store in the early hours of this morning giving access to the free mode of Minecraft straight from the handheld. Awesome but utterly unconnected to Notch and the rest of the team behind Minecraft.

It’s not surprising then that Minecrafted got shafted pretty quickly and has now been pulled from the iTunes App Store. The Minecraft iPhone app was clearly in violation of copyright. Still, we’d love to see an official Minecraft iPhone app soon. Fingers-crossed Notch agrees.

Source: Minecraft iPhone app unveiled then pulled: Mine-shafted! | Electricpig

Now I haven't actually tried out the game on the PC yet but I hear it's good and have seen alot of videos about the time and effort people put into this game. Having it more easily accessible through a smart phone such as the iPhone sounds good to me :D I hope the developers officially release it sometime soon.

2. Flamzorz

Flamzorz Addict

Wonder when there will be an IPA...