Minecraft Xbox 360 :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Antony.R, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Antony.R

Antony.R Addict

Minecraft...it's an addiction in itself. The retro-flavored action game has addicted millions of people thus far, and is even holding its own event, Minecon, next month in Las Vegas, Nevada. But now it looks like it's going to cross over to a new platform, and a whole new level of addiction, as the game is set to hit the Xbox 360 early next year. And those of you attending Minecon will get a chance to see what it's like.
    The game, which features pixelated 8-bit style art in a 3D world and has countless creations for you to roam through (we're talking somewhere in the millions), has been a big hit on PC for months, even during its beta, and Microsoft made the announcement earlier this year that it was coming to Xbox 360, much to the shagrin of many happy console owners. Today, the company officially announced that the game was due in early 2012, staging a huge first quarter for Microsoft when it comes to downloadable games for the platform.
    Now it's just a question of seeing how downloadable content fares for the game. After all, Minecraft is a huge game when it comes to sharing your content, and if it can develop even a quarter of the community that's managed to turn up on PC, it'll be massive. And there's no question that the controls can easily be adapted to a controller, even when it comes to creation tools.
    But you can see the game for yourself when Minecon kicks off November 18th and 19th in Las Vegas, as Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox 360 build will be playable at the event. You'll be able to try and see the game for yourself, and see how it fares when it comes to console transition.
    Oh, and here's the Xbox 360 model that'll be playable on the floor. Can you say "want"?

Prepare to be addicted all over again. You've been warned...

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

lol that Xbox 360 does look pretty good, perfect for all the Minecraft players here!

Anonymous likes this.
  3. Antony.R

Antony.R Addict

I know i want the xbox 360 aswell :P. Never played it on the PC because i'm not a big PC gamer :/, I'll buy it for the Xbox 360 though :)

4. Flamzorz

Flamzorz Addict

The lack of mod support will kill it on 360 but that console is sweet and I'll try it at least.

5. Antony.R

Antony.R Addict

Seems like something i might like :)

6. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

I want it!

I hope this is a skin because i will be sure as hell buying it