Nearly one billion people watch TV online in 5 years

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Assassin, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I just came across this article: As Online Video Viewing Shifts From PC to TV Screen, Viewers Will Number Nearly One Billion by 2013 | Press Release | ABI Research

I'm not surprised to see this, people don't want the TV companies to decide what they're watching and when they're watching it anymore. They want to decide that for themselves. Look at how many people are already downloading movies and TV series. I prefer watching stuff on my PC myself, because I can simply watch it when I feel like it and have some time to kill, and I don't have to wait until a certain time when it's being broadcast. I wonder how smooth everything will run if everyone is download their series though, and not just a certain number of people.

There are already a lot of people out there with multimedia PCs. PCs hooked up to their TV screens, on which they can simply put movies/series/music and watch or listen to it whenever they want. No more need of DVD boxes or putting CDs into CD players. Everything's there on your multimedia PC. This seems very nice to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this will replace a lot of machines (they have a DVD drive built in, so if you do want to watch a movie or listen to a CD, you can always put it in). Do you guys still watch TV a lot?

2. wagner

wagner Well-Known Member

For me the biggest issue with television is advertising.I hate it at least 15minutes of every hour long show is filled with advertisments!These companys are just forcing the products into our minds.I don't even care about most products advertised on television but just because the amount of times the add is on in a day I know exactly what is being advertised.When I hear a song that was in an add it immediately gets me thinking about the add!They brainwashing me!

OMG I HATE IT!