Need PSP help - battery stuck at 70%

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Dark Scyth, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I can't get my PSP to charge past 70% (I made a Pandora battery and screwed it up). I need my PSP battery to charge past 78% but it won't go past 70%. My PSP is hacked, 4,01 M33-2. I want to update it to the newest custom firmware. Any other way to update it?

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I think its possible to go onto the first tab which i think is system then just go on update and it should update to latest custom firmware.

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Nah, won't work unless the PSP has a 78% charge.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

On the older custom firmware installers you could hold down right button and triangle I think it was to skip the battery check requirement, from what I remember the new custom firmware installer uses a hacked version of the official sony firmware updater installer doesn’t it?

Can you not take the battery out and update just with the charger powering the psp?
    Second idea, use the Pandora battery to install the latest custom firmware.

I’m not sure if either idea will work as I don’t really use my PSP or keep up to date with the PSP scene anymore, some ideas to try though.

5. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

It didn't work without the battery and the Pandora battery is what I use. Is there a way to make it go back to service mode? Also when I hold up on the D-pad when I turn on my psp it will make it go to the mode of which I used to update it to that hacked firmware, I was wondering if maybe I could put the newest update on the card and update it that way. I can make it go back to OFW (Official Firmware), if I made it go back to OFW and used Pandora battery would that put it back into service mode???

6. InsaneNutter

Dark Scyth likes this.
  7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Sweet, it actually worked! Thanks a mil!:D

8. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Resident

Maybe if you hadn't hacked it in the first place?

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

A non hacked PSP is not worth 200$. A hacked PSP is actually worth it. I'm pretty sure that message didn't help me in this situation that has already been fixed.

10. InsaneNutter

Glad to hear it works, all this PSP talk recently has made me want to get mine out again :)

A PSP that’s not hacked is worthless, let’s be honest the PSP is not exactly flooded with quality game’s. The 4 games I play the most on my PSP are all basically launch titles (Wipeout, Ridge Racer, Lemmings and Worms) however as ive had custom firmware on it for a couple of years now thats opened the door to many nice things.

Such stuff includes emulators, homebrew apps and the ability to convert my Playstation 1 games to work on the PSP. Ive also dumped all my UMD’s on to the memory card so I can play all the games I own without having to carry UMD’s around with me and worry about loosing them.

11. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

You saying that leads me to another question. How do you convert PS1 games? I have Crono Cross, Crono Trigger, FF IV, FF VII, FF VIII...well basically every FF game on PS1. I'd LOVE to be able to play them on my psp. I'm getting an 8 gig memory stick, so i'll be able to hold a few games.:D

I have the discs so do I have to make an ISO image of it and convert it to a CSO file?

12. InsaneNutter

Yes make an ISO of the PSP then use the PSX2PSP program I’ve attached to convert it so the PSP can play it, you can also make your own icons so it looks nice when you launch the game from the PSP’s menu. The program looks to have been updated to support multi disk games now so Final Fantasy should work perfectly.

Attached Files:

13. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

:D:D:D Never thought I'd see the day. All my Final Fantasy games on one system. THANKS! LMAO your like a smart version of google, I ask and you find. I see it says ISO/PBP file 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 so i'm guessing that those would be for the different discs, right?

14. InsaneNutter

Lmao never been called that before! I’m quite big on console hacking so just happen to know a thing or two about the questions you have been asking latley lol ;)

I’ve never done it with more than one disc before but I believe that’s what it’s for.