New Games For Windows 2.0 Client Released

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Nimrod, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

New Games For Windows 2.0 Client Released

[​IMG]

Microsoft has quietly released version 2.0 of the Games for Windows Live software, which includes an exciting new client that allows you to browse a nearly empty Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace.

As I said, things are relatively barren right now, with a handful of trailers that we could just as easily get somewhere else and a demo for Viva Pinata the only items available via the marketplace right now. It does indeed feature my gamer score in the top corner, but there's no way to really interact with it, so it just sort of sits there. Nice. The main use of this client besides buying stuff from Marketplace would be to message people but wait can I do that? No. Have to be in a game for that. Yet another failure.

This is the sort of thing you'd think would warrant a big announcement, but there you go. Even the official GFW forums waited 2 days after the software was made available to say anything about it. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone else. It'll be our secret.

Download Games for Windows - LIVE 2.0 Setup

Attached Files:

• gfw1.jpg
      gfw1.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
    • gfw2.jpg
      gfw2.jpg
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

As you said it doesn’t really do anything so why would Microsoft make a big announcement about it?

It will be interesting if stuff is added so you can see who is online and voice chat from pc to Xbox 360 but at the moment I don’t see any real purpose to it.