New Rule: No MainWorld City-Clones (15/8/2011)

Discussion in 'Digiex Minecraft Server' started by Skeven, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeven

Skeven Elite Member

After further discussion, and with the Fresh Start in 1.9, this rule is no longer enforced, you are free to do as you please.

City-Clones Are Now Banned in MainWorld

EXCEPTION TO THE NEW RULE:
    This does not apply to you if you have built an area with ONLY people you know. E.g., friends from school, coworkers, or your neighbours, etc.
    That is not considered an offending area (city-clone) and is safe.

New Rules:
    • From today onward, no new cities that do not fit the aforementioned exception are to be created in MainWorld.
    • Secondly, current city-clones in MainWorld are no longer allowed to take on any new players whom they don't personally know.
    • Finally, current city-clones in MainWorld that do have members that they don't personally know must relocate those players or form an official area within CityWorld.

Any city-clone that does not comply with these rules will be locked, and it's fate decided later (this will be strictly enforced). Now that I've stated all that, let me get to the details...

Wait, what?
    As many of you may already know, city-clones have been sapping the life from CityWorld and causing many headaches for admins and players alike. So, it's been decided that about one month from this date, all qualifying city-clones in MainWorld will be shut down

City-Clones are any area in MainWorld which:
    • Recruits players whom they don't personally (physically) know
    • Creates ChestShops or Markets
    • Sells/Trades plots to it's members
    • Enforces rules and/or building regulations on the area

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

I Run/Maintain a City-Clone; What does this mean for me?
    Firstly, you should have seen this coming either sooner or later. We've mentioned time and time again that we were only allowing these city-clones as a temporary measure as CityWorld sorted itself out. We may be willing to work out a deal with you and other city-clone leaders on accommodating you and your members if you do decide to move to CityWorld.

The details of this accommodation vary between City17 and Orion (formerly Mykenai), but both will try their best to keep you and your members in plots that are next to or close to each other and possibly even some WorldEdit moving if we have the time/resources available. However, we'll only work with you and your city-clone if you comply with the rules mentioned in the beginning of this post

I am a member of a City-Clone; What does this mean for me?
    We're sorry about this, but you should have been warned of this by your leader. You can opt to move if these rules apply to you, whether to an area by yourself in MainWorld or to a plot within CityWorld is up to you.

If you do plan to move to CityWorld, check to see if any of the other players from your city are moving, and try to coordinate with them and your city-clone leader. We'll try to keep you and your friends together if possible and make you aware of any plans made between your city-clone and the two official cities.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. Don't ask questions regarding this in the server, as it's better that questions and answers are seen by all in this thread.​

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I thought I'd add to this excellent post to explain more of the problem. The economy relies on people being in Cities, by paying for plots and then having access to the shopping market. These Freebuild Villages basically threw the rulebook out of the window and offered free plots of big sizes to anyone which damaged the cities reputation.

Villages have always been banned, however we laxed the rule for the past 2 months due to a massive rebuild of Orion/Mykenai, as well as some restructing of City 17, and due to the fact we couldnt offer new players a plot for almost a month, meant we had no choice but to let villages happen as a temporary measure. However whenever we picked up one was made, we always made them aware this was against server rules and eventually they would need to give it up.

Overall its beneficial for all, to have a home in City World, then continue there adventures building random buildings in freebuild/wilderness. The benefit of City World is its the only Admin Protected world, Grief barely exists and is dealt with extremely well. It also means if the Main World ever gets regenerated (which has happened once before) it means peoples homes/items stored in City World are safe, as this world is guaranteed to never go through a regeneration.

Please note with the one month deadline, there is slight room to negotiate however it will happen so please begin to look to City World at your options. If you need coins because you spent them all and cannot afford plots, sell your materials in the City World Market, as a special we will let anyone who is moving from MainWorld to City World, for one month to open 6 Chest Shops in the Market Centre to help raise funds.

It should also be noted that the average playtime for 80% of players is 3 weeks until they move on to another server or get bored of Minecraft, so for those there is no point worrying, but for those 20% or so who turn into long term players, its time to plan your migration. The Admins will do all they can to help.

3. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

Whats gonna happen to small towns that were abandoned?

4. Skeven

Skeven Elite Member

Completely abandoned towns will be left untouched for as long as they stay abandoned.

5. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

Me and jelle made a colony before city world came out but we rarely go to it. But if we decide to go to it more often would it count as the above?

6. Skeven

Skeven Elite Member

Well it depends on if this is just you and jelle or if there were others involved

7. MrNitvit

MrNitvit Resident

e and jelle started the colony but then i think mrcole5000 and riverwind both joined but like i said none of us really go there, we only go there when all of us are on.

8. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

This rule has been cancelled with the recent upcoming changes, therefore thread closed. Feel free to make as many city clones as you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.