New Ultimate Extras: Microsoft Tinker and Dreamscene Content Pack 4

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Nimrod, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

[​IMG]

Finally, Microsoft is beginning to offer more extra benefits for people who paid extra for Windows Vista Ultimate. Microsoft Tinker, Ultimate Extra sounds from Microsoft Tinker and Windows DreamScene Content Pack #4 are all available on Windows Update now.

Microsoft Tinker is a puzzle based game where players get a set amount of moves to move a robot around a puzzle and solve the level. The DreamScene content pack adds some new high definition videos for use on the desktop and the sound pack allows you to set your sound scheme to that of Microsoft Tinker.

Scroll down for screenshots and more information.

[​IMG]

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

On Tinker I found the controls to be a bit confusing, you like have to rotate him with the arrow keys then press up to make him move, I kept pressing the direction I wanted him to move and he just started swivelling around. I got bored of it after the first level, didn’t really interest me at all.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The quality of the new DremeScenes compared to the other included with vista are pretty poor, they're compressed quite bad which you notice a lot when they're animating.

See this screenshot:
    https://digiex.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=553&stc=1&d=1222203378

The new content donesn’t really bother me much but it is nice to finally see some more ultimate extras! I’m hoping for something useful like concurrent sessions for remote desktop, however I don’t think that’s going to happen in a non server version of Windows. (It’s possible in XP with a simple DLL modification.)

You shouldn’t need to re start to install them, I didn’t need to.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I'm still expecting a bit more from Windows Ultimate but this seems like a nice update to have. I can't remember the last time I used animated desktops but I think I'll give them another chance. I haven't used any on my desktop PC since I built it last year so that'd be interesting. On my laptop it usually crashed when I turned it on from hibernation. Nice screenshots InsaneNutter.

4. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Not bad. The game looks quite good too. There have been laods of updates. I do them everyday lol. Get a bit anoying sometimes.

5. InsaneNutter

If you install all the updates on windows update you should only get bugged once a month on patch Tuesday, unless you install some software that can also be updated such as Microsoft Office.

6. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

This PC has Home Premium installed, my other one Business. So no Ultimate extra's for me.. Oh well, nothing they ever released for it was that special.

7. InsaneNutter

Trust me your not missing anything, to me the only advantage of Vista Ultimate is you can connect to it via Remote Desktop and have Media Centre.

With business you only get Remote Desktop and with Home Premium you get Media Centre.