Next call of duty on next-gen consoles ?

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Michael_T, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

What do you think ?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Could mean Next Xbox / Playstation at E3 next year, with a launch at Christmas.

Then again it could just mean the game is coming to the Wii U as that will be at a similar level as current gen consoles.

3. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

No , it has already been confirmed that Black Ops 2 will come to the WiiU. So my guess is that this is for the 720 or PS4.

4. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

dont really care for cod anymore been milked too long and elite dlc is a joke there just reused assets from mw2 and has been proven in PC code

5. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Eesh, I haven't even completed MW2 story mode yet as I've been playing GTA IV story, but even so, the one of the few great things about Call of Duty is the online mode where you can meet a ton of people, troll me and then post the rages or just have a good time playing with them.

So far trolling on games has been enjoyable on Xbox 360 due to the social features whereas PS3 still seems very awkward and more of less talky and more gaming-only.

This is probably the last current gen consoles I bought because I don't see any advantages or upgrades that seem to be worth purchasing. I don't really care about better graphics 360/PS3 already covered it.

6. Neoteam1

Neoteam1 Addict

Makes me laught the amount of people that buy the same game over the years. Just cos its call of duty they must have it lol. Black ops is going to be my last cos im getting fed up with buying the same crappy games with a different skin.

7. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

I get it that FIFA is an yearly game, but it's because every year all football clubs and players have updates and whatnot, and this isn't the case of CoD.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

With FIFA though clubs and players could just be updated over the internet, even as DLC or something. At least with CoD you get a new campaign to play and 8-10 new multiplayer maps.

How many years do you want to kick a ball on the same green football pitch? credit to EA for making it sell as i really dont think its worth more than a couple of £ a year.

Granted i do think CoD is starting to become the same thing every year with regards to multiplayer, however i do actually enjoy the campaigns.

9. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

You're right, DLC packs could easily update the game but they tend to improve the game here and there, and, it's been a yearly franchise for years now.

If I were to choose, I'd vote for DLC packs over a yearly game every year, but it's not likely to happen.

10. Neoteam1

Neoteam1 Addict

With fifa and wwe and any sport that comes out yearly. They should just do dlc for the games i dont care about the new gameplay they bring. With fifa they screwed it up after fifa 10 with wwe they screwed it up after smackdown vs raw 2011. They should of just kept them games then update it will dlc packs.

11. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

After a new FIFA comes out the previous tends to drop really low for like £1 to £2, which is when I buy them.

Waiting for FIFA 13 to be released to buy FIFA 12 for über cheap. :P

12. Neoteam1

Neoteam1 Addict

I wish with sport game it should be every 2 years they bring a game out and just put dlc to update them. Itr would save aload of shelf space in shops and alot more disks. <<<< lol