No HP devices have been detected. HP solution Center will now close.

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by nreyfig1962, Jun 9, 2009.

1. nreyfig1962

nreyfig1962 New Member

I'm Trying to scan some pictures, however, when I try to launch the HP Solution Center software I get the error message 'No HP devices have been detected. HP solution Center will now close.'
    I have tried every published solution out there, to the letter, and still get the error message.
    I'm running Vista Ultimate SP2 and my device is an HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One. My machine is is a Dell XPS-720. (BTW problem was there before installing SP2).
    Does anyone have a fix for this?

2. CurlySteve

CurlySteve Elite Member

my only suggestion is uninstall all of the hp solution center software and just get the drivers online. only the drivers and this should allow you to use the windows scanning software.

3. nreyfig1962

nreyfig1962 New Member

Thanks CurlySteve, I have already attempted that route. However, I have good news, I found a work around that works perfectly. I made a shortcut of the file 'hpqscnvw.exe' and saved it to my desktop. I can now launch the scanner software directly. I was able to scan my photos and all is well.
    If anyone else is experiencing this issue the file is located in the 'c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin' folder.