Ooops!! i think i broke it

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by slimwadey, Jun 29, 2010.

1. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Hi
    I was following the How to Hack 250gb TUT and i think i screwed my Desktop HDD

First off i copied all the files needed to USB and re started my PC , i went it boot menu and had a look , i was a bit concerned about deleting my main HDD
    Sooo i shut the PC down, disconnected the HDD, and fired it up again

It took a while to fire up and did not give me the option to go into boot menu, it seemed to search for a hdd, it then said something about routing sata .. or something
    At this point i realised i had squashed the usb key while opening the pc (it was in the front port)
    So i swtiched off again and reconnected the HDD with the intention of putting the files onto another USB and starting again
    Only to find the pc cannot find a HDD , so i fiddled about in the bios a bit and still had no luck
    As of now i have pulled the power and removed the battery so it forgets its bios and hopefully will work again

I think the pc has attempted to learn a new boot device and just needs to forget it again .. hopefully

Or i screwed the HDD somehow when i unplugged/reconnected it
    Either way if it is screwed all is not lost as this desktop had nothing on it other than 2 games i installed yesterday

If i had screwed this one (laptop) i would not be typing now .. !^o)

Anyone have any other ideas?

Slim

2. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Ok i fixed it
    After i Re installed the battery and powered it up again it once again found the HDD and is now working ok
    I guess i am going to have to select the HDD to hack from the list very carefully when i try it again tomorrow

Slim

3. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Hahahahaha, one time I deleted my entire C: drive off my PC ;) Now THAT was a problem!

4. Titcher

Titcher Addict

Hey I've done that several times! I remember once I went through the effort of making a backup of all important stuff onto a different hard drive. Then when I went to reinstall, the drive letters had changed, and I went ahead and formatted the backup drive, I felt like such an idiot at that moment.