Pentium Help

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by rea144, Apr 18, 2013.

1. rea144

rea144 Member

Ok, so I just recently built a computer, but the motherboard and processer are something I already had separate, the processer is an old Pentium 4 processer, I want to upgrade to a Pentium G680, but I don't know if the G680 will work in this motherboard. Are the pins the same as the old Pentium or will I have to get a different motherboard to do it?

2. rea144

rea144 Member

Also, if I did have to get a new motherboard, this would be it Amazon.com: MSI LGA1155/Intel H61/DDR3/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard H61M-P31 (W8): Computers & Accessories. I was wondering if I could run the onboard graphics alongside my video card? The video card is a pretty new AMD HD 7000 series, and I want to use it with Eyefinity. The video card has a DisplayPort and a DVI port, I know I can get a DisplayPort splitter and that will work, because DP can do that, but DisplayPort splitters are fairly expensive. If I can run the two ports on the video card alongside the DVI on the motherboard, I will be happy xD. Help?

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I want to upgrade to a Pentium G680, but I don't know if the G680 will work in this motherboard

Impossible to say when we dont know what motherboard you have.

The Pentium G680 is a 1155 socket processor, the H61M-P31 motherboard you are thinking of purchasing takes a socket 1155 processor so it should work fine in that fine.

You should be able to drive 3x displays, 2x from the ATI card and another from the onboard video. I cant promise you that will work fine however, best thing to do is try and it and see.