play.com = shit.net

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xalan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Xalan

Xalan Well-Known Member

i ordered ff14 spec edition from play beginning of last month and last monday it said it had been posted and my gf is the assistant manager at the local post office and has rang the sorting office and it has not yet turned up there yet.
    so i rang play and they said they wont do anything till after the 21 days has passed and royal mail wont do anything without a ref no. but the ppl i know who pre-ordered it after me received theirs on the wed (release date of the spec edition).

the limited spec editition is obv LIMITED and they sold out in game, gamestation on the day it came out so im stuck when it comes to gettin it from in a store 'less i find somewhere else that sells it.

anyone had the same probs with em or know where i might be able to pick up a 'wrapped' new copy?from what iv read this happens alot.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Play.com can be very slow to deliver as you have found :(

I've had to wait well over a week to get something from them in the past.... a right pain I know, I would never use them for pre-orders.

They used to be significantly cheaper than places such as Amazon / Game, however there about the same price now so your better pre ordering it else where.
    Often you will even get the game a day or two before release day if you pre order from game.co.uk, gameplay.co.uk or even Amazon or Tesco Entertainment.

I'm sure you will get the Game in a day or two.

3. Xalan

Xalan Well-Known Member

ordered from gameplay.co.uk and the game came the following day.thanks for the tip.really happy :D

4. Flamzorz

Flamzorz Addict

I'v personally had great experiences with Play.

5. Fudge

Fudge Resident

probably gonna use play.com for flash drives

6. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I've only ever had good experiences with play.com when I've not pre-ordered from them. The only preorder they never messed up for me was Star Trek (new one) on blu-ray and I had reservations about pre-ordering that with them from the start. Having said that I did order a game from them that took 3 weeks to reach me from when they said they'd dispacthed it (Brutal Legend) but it was over Christmas.