1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Play Red Alert 3 (RA3) Single Player co-op over Local Area Network (LAN)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kimbie, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Kimbie

Kimbie New Member

I have come across this on a newsgroup server, so I do not take responsibity for creating it, nor have I had time to try it out, as friend is away who I normally LAN with.

So have a go and see if it works

Kimbie

Attached Files:

2. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Guide to install and use:

As we all know, Electronic Arts decided not to include Coop-Campaign functionality in LAN network menu of the game. We decided to change that - in result, you can now play any mission of your choice, with your friend, on LAN (or over Hamachi), without need of being connect to the internet (EA Servers). You bought the game so by all means, you deserve it!

Please note that:

• game will crash occasionally, when you try going back to the main menu from the game or when you win/lose the mission.
    • black textures occur (most likely) only with 1.0 version of the game - please update to 1.03 or 1.04!

Here is what you need to do:

1. Turn off the game!
    2. Extract “[URL='https://digiex.net/attachments/ra3lancoop-rar.851/]Ra3LanCoop.rar[/URL]” to the Red Alert 3 installation folder.
    3. Extract & Rebuild Campaign maps into LAN-friendly format using our home-brew map extractor utility which should be now located in “<RedAlert3Installdir>\MapExtractor\MapExtractor.exe”. Screenshot:
      [​IMG]
    4. Run the game using “RA3Coop.exe”. This program enables you to choose a game version to execute, different language, config and switch the window mode ON/OFF. Screenshot:
      [​IMG]
    5. In game, do not use LAN menu to play Coop-Campaign games with AI, use Skirmish menu instead.