Play Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition for free this weekend on Steam!

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Assassin, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Assassin

Assassin Addict

[​IMG]

Starting today, everyone with a Steam account will be able to play Unreal Tournament 3 for free this weekend! This is because the game just got the Titan Pack, updating it the the Black Edition. Unreal Tournament 3 is the latest sequel to the Unreal Tournament games. The Titan Pack adds a lot of new content, like new maps, new characters, achievements for Steam and a lot more. The game will not be updated for the Xbox360 since it already has most of the content in the pack, and the PS3 has to wait untill next week, so why not take a headstart by playing all the new content on your PC for free?

If you don't have a Steam account yet, simply download Steam here and make an account. You will get instant access to the game for the weekend.

[​IMG]

Along with the free play this weekend, there's also a discount untill the end of next week, meaning if you buy the game between now and March 15th, you'll get 40% off. This is a very good reason to buy the game, if you like it after playing it for free this weekend!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up Assassin, it’s nice the update is free for existing owners of the game.

I would love to say ive had at go with this but Steam won’t even let me load the game up as there servers are too busy! :| Although it’s nice anyone can play for free this weekend it’s a bit of a poor do for existing owners of the game who can’t even update or launch the game!

[​IMG]

Edit - now updating at dialup speeds!

[​IMG]

And getting slower every min

[​IMG]

3. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Yeah it took a while for me to download as well, but it's worth it. ;)

I noticed the bots are complete idiots.. I'v eplayed several games in which I have to do all the work while they just grab the orb and go in circles somewhere they shouldn't be. The worst thing was in one map, it was 4 VS 8, we had this big Leviathan tank thing, all 3 bots got in it and didn't move an inch... They would just shoot at stuff that passed by while I had to try and take on all 8 of them and destroy their core.. They can be real idiots..

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Paying customers deserve to get priority to the Steam Download servers than some free trial pass users. Cant believe I bought the game and get the same error Insanenutter has yet people who havent bought it are getting it. Good screw up steam.

5. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Its pretty much like that in the xbox version aswell, although you have like this squad of bots, they suck! ROYALLY!! Then you have to fight like 2 on 6 at times, and that CTF, thats not the easiest hey!!

6. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I saw 1 of my unread threads that there is a ut3 server, i think if im not mistaken, Insanenutter, is an admin, how can i get access to this server (although im all the way in s.a, would be abit slow) but i'd just like to give it a go, even if its not that often??

7. InsaneNutter

The bots on a playable skill are horrible, any harder and there impossible to play with as there too good. It reminds me of Gears of War 2, that has the same problem.

Agreed, my download keeps getting to 10% then re starting, it’s just stuck on 0% now.
    I had the full game downloaded already, all I need is the patch which is proving impossible to get.

We don’t have a UT 3 server, just a UT 2004 server. You can view the server information by going to clicking the servers button at the top of Digiex.

8. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Are the servers always up and running, im going to try and join the server later when i get home....???

9. InsaneNutter

Yes apart from the occasional crash or reboot for system updates the UT 2004 server is on 24/7, there’s usually quite a few people playing in it on evenings and weekends.

10. InsaneNutter

It took over 8 hours by Steam has finally updated Unreal 3, the game appears to load a lot quicker for me and I really do like the new menu screen. The new game modes Betrayal and Greed are interesting too. This might bring a bit of life to the game :)

A few screenshots attached, now back to coursework! 8o|

Attached Files:

11. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I like the Greed mode, but don't really understand Betrayal yet.. Something with teams but somehow there are no teams or something...