Playstation 3 is in trouble

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by xzKinGzxBuRnzx, Sep 21, 2008.

1. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

The Wii is still impossible to get. The Xbox is roaring back. And Playstation really struggles. Yahoo News - View the video here. So, what do you think? What do you think sony will do? Below are the top 20 games coming this fall. Which console will sell more?
    Lego Batman
    Dead Space
    Fable II
    LittleBigPlanet
    Far Cry 2
    Guitar Hero: World Tour
    C&C: Red Alert 3
    Fallout 3
    Resistance 2
    James Bond: Quantum of Solace
    Tom Clancy's Endwar
    Gears of War 2
    Call of Duty: World at War
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    Left 4 Dead
    Need for Speed Undercover
    Tomb Raider: Underworld
    Prince of Persia
    I think sony should do something quick or else there gonna half to sell out. Although that may never happen. No one will buy the PS3 for 300-500 cash. When there is a 360 thats $199 and does just as good as the PS3 if not better.

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I think the playstations has passed it's maximum players days. I know alot of people switching to the Xbox because of extra stuff they get and better competative gaming with clans etc.. plus it's much cheaper. So I think the Xbox will carry on growing but it's hard for me to believe the wii is realy hard to get.

3. Assassin

Assassin Addict

I'd love to play Little Big Planet but I don't think it's worth buying a PS3 for. Also Nintendo doesn't have a lot of games coming. Just Animal Crossing and I'm not sure you can call that a game. There's a lot of third party stuff but not really any good first party games.

4. linus614

linus614 New Member

see the biggest problem with sony is there customer care. they really dont have one. microsoft is a upfront company and lets it consumers know when something wrong and they offer to correct the problems for free. i used to work at a game crazy and we had a little bluenote book from sony with ps and ps2's model numbers that we wherent not able to take in on trade because if they where defected out then sony wouldnt reimburse the company. but also what helps with a gaming consel is its game libary. and really compared to the wii or microsoft sony dosent have anything exciting to put out as far as first party games go. 2nd and 3rd party games are allready out for the wii and 360 so those dont count because they are on all platforms.

sony has a good idea with the blu-ray, and to be honest thats really the only reason why people picked it up. well that and mgs4. but a blu-ray player built in and blu-ray movies that go for 30-50 bucks a pop is not going to induce the average consumer to pick up the product, even when dvds are still cheap. yes the ps3 plays regular dvds, but i never spent 4 to 500 dollars for a dvd player and i never will. also sonys price tag is way to high. if they dropped the price to lets say 250-300 then we'll talk, but untill then with the lack of customer service lack of titles and lack of consumer needs all around its a pass.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The main problem the PS3 has is the games, its lost a lot of its exclusives to the Xbox 360. The 360 has still has great exclusives such as Gears of War, Halo and so on that people are going crazy for.

Exclusives aside the 360 has the best online experience, usually the better version of most multi platform games and generally games I want to play.

Then there’s the price, the PS3 is over double the price of what you can pick a 360 up for. Yes you do get a Blueray player but the PS3 is a games consoles, a lot of people still don’t have a HDTV or even if they do chances are they don’t want to pay extra for the Blueray drive in the PS3.

Its hard to say if the PS3 is in trouble or not, all i know is most people I know round here have a 360, sometimes two in there house and people who do have the PS3 don’t play on it much.

I would personally chose a console for the games and experience it offers, not just because its made by Microsoft or Sony.

6. linus614

linus614 New Member

also chances are if they have a hdtv, its not hooked up to its full capability aswell. i know mine aint, im horrible with electronics haha

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Lol so you’re using the Composite cable and not a HDMI one? :O

8. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

I've always been using a HDMI cable since I got my HDTV, makes me look forward to the upcoming Dashboard update, which comes with 'custom resolutions' via HDMI like currently with VGA. This and the new 'party' private chatting are the only new features I'm looking forward to in this fall update. Avatars are a good gimmick though.

9. Safinn

Safinn Addict