Playstation 4 Rollup Thread - Are you going to purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Nimrod, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Are you going to purchase the Playstation 4?

1. Yes - The news from E3 on Games, Features, and Disc based DRM as an option means I'm purchasing.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No - The news from E3 has made me second-guess my decision and now I'm not going to purchase.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I was never in the market to purchase an Playstation 4, therefore the news hasn't changed me.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

There's been some great threads with peoples opinions on the Playstation 4. Don't stop, we love them.

But to allow us to arrogate everyone's views into one, please vote on this poll :)

Important: This Poll is aimed at Digiex's Playstation Community who had an interest in buying an Playstation 4 in the first place. For anyone who was always going to get a Xbox One / Never Intended to buy an Playstation 4 if you feel you have to vote I've made a third option for you. The Idea of this Poll is not for Xbox Fanboy trolls or other people who never have any intent to purchase an Playstation 4 in the first place. If you want to attack its features feel free to make a thread or reply to one instead ;)

Let's get a true idea if Sony's E3 appearance was positive or negative to existing customers! :)
    If possible, once you have voted can you give a little write up by replying on your view point? I want to try and arrogate Digiex'ers views on the matter to help steer our editorial content and future development as a gaming forum.

Note: Anyone coming in here trolling about how Microsoft / Xbox is better in their view will get post deleted. There is a separate thread just like this for you to discuss the Microsoft E3 Conference https://digiex.net/general-discussi...box-one-rollup-thread-you-going-purchase.html Repeat offenders will get an infraction / post limits. We just want to hear about Playstation Users and the E3 Event and if it effected them positively / negatively in this thread.

My View:
    Sadly I was never into the Market to buy a Playstation 4 which is why I went to the third option. It was great however to see Sony come out fighting. They lost the fighting spirit after Playstation 3's arrogant launch. After dominating the Playstation 2 era it was almost as if Sony thought they had PS3 in the bag and could charge stupid prices! So now it looks like Sony and Microsoft will really be fighting to gain gamers which is good for everyone as competition pushes innovation! One thing I was a little sad to see was while Microsoft went a bit heavy handed with the always on requirement, it look's like Playstation will spend the next 8 or so years with disc-based DRM for in store purchases. I would have liked to see Online and Retail games blended into one as I do like the idea of disc-less gaming. Thanks to services like Netflix and Hulu I don't buy Movies or TV shows on disc anymore, and I would like to do the same with games in the long run. However I think Sony have more to announce before launch about how Online Purchases will work - Will they allow trades / sharing with friends, and if so will it have a requirement like Xbox One's? Let's wait and see what Sony announces!

2. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Need a new option for people who are wanting to wait and see perhaps? As that's basically what I'm doing, I've done it for pretty much any console since the PS1 days. Wait for the system to launch, see what people say about the system and the games and then buy accordingly.