Please Help Me Update My Flashed XBox

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by ATnix95, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

Hi! I'm new here and I really need an experienced help. You see, I've been playing games on my 4GB Xbox slim but it can't play new games like watchdogs and needed an update. How exactly do I update my Xbox? Is it by using simple 360 nand flasher and xebuild or I watched a YouTube video where I just need to download the new update on the official XBox site and put it in my USB and then update. Please help me because I'm a total noob about this. Please someone reply. Thank you. :)

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It depends on the mod, if you power the Xbox on with the eject button and see Xell you have an RGH console and need toupdate the Xbox following this tutorial.

If you dont and the console is just flashed you can just update when the game asks you to.

ATnix95 likes this.
  3. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

Hi! Thank you for replying. I tried pressing the eject button but it didn't boot xell so I guessed it's flashed. But when I first bought it, it had freestyle dash and xex menu installed. Which is why I'm confused whether my 4GB Xbox slim is rgh or flashed. The latest game that I can't play is watchdogs and my dashboard is 2.0 16203. Please help me as I do not want to brick my console. Please reply. Thank you.

4. InsaneNutter

ATnix95 likes this.
  5. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

Hi. I am able to launch xex.menu and when I first bought it, freestyle dash was already installed and I am able to launch it. Does flashed XBox unable to launch xex.menu and freestyle dash at all? So far, I've only been playing pirated games which I bought from game shops but new games are unplayable and needed a dashboard update. Also, I've been able to download dlc, TU and xbla games and inject it via horizon to my USB. Please help as I am a newbie at this and I'm so confused and you're the only person I know who can help me. Please reply back. Thank you.

6. InsaneNutter

ATnix95 likes this.
  7. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

8. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

Also, I've downloaded simple 360 nand flasher, dashlaunch to get my CPU key and xebuild. I've heard that launching dashlaunch may brick a console. Am I safe to launch it? My console is ALWAYS offline.

9. InsaneNutter

When you open your nand in XeBuild GUI and should auto detect what type of console you have.

If you use a version of dashlaunch compatible with the system update your on now it should be fine, their is always risk when using tools that write to the nand.

ATnix95 likes this.
  10. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

Thank you so much for helping me. I'll update it by following your tutorial and I'll let you know how it turned out or if there are any complications,hopefully none. Thank you so much for helping me. I truly appreciate it.

11. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

My dashboard is currently on 16203 but I've downloaded the latest dashlaunch which is 3.12. Do I have to degrade and download dashlaunch 3.07 because it's the same as my current dashboard?

12. InsaneNutter

I would just leave dash launch until you have updated, you do not need it to update your console.

ATnix95 likes this.
  13. ATnix95

ATnix95 Member

It work! Thank you so much! :D