Please help with this....

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by cardo69, Jun 1, 2009.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Can somebody please help me with this, i keep getting this error when trying to format my Usb, i dont know why it's not formatting at all??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Right click on the flashdrive, click properties. Then click on the Tools tab, click on the check for errors.

[​IMG]

Also when formatting it, you may want to click on the quick format box.

Attached Files:

cardo69 likes this.
  3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Also make sure you don’t have anything running from the flash drive when trying to format it, your virus scanner could be scanning it or windows could be indexing it causing the format to fail.

cardo69 likes this.
  4. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Thanks guy's, it wasnt actually a formatting problem, it was a write protection, i have uploaded 1 application that format's perfectly any usb or external memory unit if in future some1 has this problem aswell, i have also uploaded a Disable write protection registry, aswell as an enable write protection, its very easy to use, and works very well, especially if you keep getting that annoying error message "THIS DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED" this app's over ride that problem. But thanks for the assistance!

Attached Files: