1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Pokemon Gen 6 Local Distributor Download – Local Wi-Fi / Infrared Pokemon Distributions

Discussion in 'Pokemon 3DS Event Distributions' started by Professor Oak, May 1, 2023.

1. Bug Catcher Anakin

Bug Catcher Anakin Member

custom distros for JPN events- only did one of each gender for the trainer egg events.

Attached Files:

2. Bug Catcher Anakin

Currently going through the ones I've done and finding the ones that do not work with local distribution, some of them I'm assuming don't work because of how they were originally distributed, others may be because of region locks, which could maybe be done with region switching? Not entirely sure about that though.

3. Bug Catcher Anakin

I've gone through each one and found all the ones that work and do not work with local wireless, will probably start doing the gen 7 ones soon just gonna take a breather haha :)

Attached Files:

ash14, InsaneNutter and King Impoleon like this.
  4. Bug Catcher Anakin

Just realized the ones that don't work are the ones that didn't have wc6fulls in the wondercard dump I downloaded :'(

5. Twilight91

Twilight91 Elite Member

Very interesting. Can this work without the Internet too?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It can work without the internet, this is explained under "Local Distributor Event Preservation" on the first post.

7. Anthony Vola

Anthony Vola New Member

Hey, do we have manually edit these as well with a hex editor or they can just be dumped without a code

8. OSP

OSP Member

Hi IN

I have both the gen 7 distributor and gen 6 distributor on my 3ds but no matter what I do I can’t get the Pokemon X distributor symbol to show up in checkpoint. I have created and extracted the saves to the correct destination in extdata manually on the SD card but still no luck.

the Gen 7 symbol is in Checkpoint (although it showed up after a few restarts) and that is working correctly

I have tried reinstalling checkpoint CIA multiple times, re-downloading the Gen6 distributor multiple times too

any ideas on what to do next appreciated

Happy NY btw :)

9. InsaneNutter

Happy new year!

Load the distributor once, then exit and load checking.

Are you pressing "x" to switch to the exdata view in checkpoint. It's quite easy to miss that and think its not working:

[​IMG]

(You will generally find the exdata view has a different amount of titles to the normal view)

If you are doing that and still cant do anything then please post some screenshots of the file structure on your SD card going up to where you have the exdata saves I have created.

OSP likes this.
  10. OSP

OSP Member

okay so I have it showing up now, it wasn’t there when going into extdata so I reinstalled the CIA of the distro, opened it once with A+B, exited with power button and then home button, opened checkpoint and extdata and it showed up :)

I wasted 4 hours on this but your process worked, thank you so much:)

InsaneNutter likes this.
  11. ATEMVEGETA

ATEMVEGETA Member

Is this an official Nintendo program that hosts from their official server some past events that are still available for some reason till now?

OR it's a custom made program that hosts those events for their games made by fans (pretty much as the Gen4/5 Wifi expoint events)?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  12. InsaneNutter

Yes its official and what Nintendo used at events to distribute Pokemon locally. It will probably work until April this year when the online services for the 3DS close down, however will still be possible to use after that with the saves, as described in the first post.

ATEMVEGETA and AlamosIT like this.
  13. daruma

daruma New Member

I have a question.
    I'm creating wc6full from wc6, but there are some parts where I don't know what to input. This is the part you dragged.
    I would like to know the rules.

Attached Files:

AlamosIT likes this.
  14. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

It would be great to have a tool to "convert" WC6 to WC6FULL, I found this on ProjectPokémon, but sadly the download link seems to be disappeared.

daruma likes this.
  15. PurpleOrange

PurpleOrange Member

That's the checksum, it's basically an encryption to make sure the WC6FULL is legitimate, and it needs to be correct for the gen 6 distributer to work. It's not a difficult thing to fix, it's just annoying.

Here's the method I've been using for those interested.
    1. Once the WC6FULL is complete, type 00 00 at 0x202.
    2. Copy the entire WC6FULL into a text editor like Word or Notepad (making sure the pasted text is the same as the hex values).
    3. Delete all the spaces between the numbers, as well as any at the end of the text.
    4. Copy from notepad/word into a CRC-16-CCITT calculator (the only one I've found that works is the one from vCalc).
    5. The result will be shown in the "0xFFFF" box of vCalc, type this result in reverse hex (ie 12 34 would be 34 12) at 0x202 in your WC6FULL and save.
    That should fix the checksum and make the distributor work.

Interestingly, although both WC6FULL and WC7FULL have checksums, only the Gen 6 Distributor seems to actually check it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    AlamosIT, daruma and InsaneNutter like this.
  16. Khronos

Khronos Member

Found this while searching for destinyys tools

https://github.com/iantCode/WCFullEditor

Don't know if it's of any help since I'm clueless about programming...

AlamosIT and daruma like this.
  17. OSP

OSP Member

Hi professor

I have a wuestion about the distributor, is there the original .3ds file for it somewhere?

Thank you

18. InsaneNutter

These distributions were never released as game cartridges, so no .3ds / rom exists.

19. TheLittleMellow

TheLittleMellow New Member

I'm a little confused, are these fixed files or just a list of the ones that don't work?