1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Pokemon GEN2 Legit PCNY Events / Eggs Pokemon Crystal Save Download

Discussion in 'Pokemon Save Games' started by pokedudedotcom, May 29, 2022.

1. pokedudedotcom

pokedudedotcom New Member

[​IMG]
    Hello!

I got into contact with an old friend who had a device to dump save files to a computer back then. I asked him if he still had the save or the computer and he still had the old IBM laptop in question with the save file on it in a No$Gmb save folder, but didn't know it at first.

I tried to load the save file on VBA but it just loaded a "new game" like there was no save. There was like no way to load this save. But I tried to load the save file on PKHex and it loaded! It was the save file we were looking for with the events on it! But it wouldn't load.

One time I had a Pokémon Blue save file corrupted and was able to use it again by loading it on PKHex, saving it with the program and using the new file with VBA and it would work. So I did the same with the corrupted Crystal save file and it worked!

I saw these kind of events were rare so I decided to share them, here they are!
    Gotta_Catch_'em_All_Station_logo.png

Event - Articuno.png Event - Zapdos.png Event - Moltres.png
    Event - Mewtwo.png Event - Mew.png Event - Celebi.png
    Egg - Bellsprout - Sweet Kiss.png Egg - Delibird - Spikes.png Egg - Doduo - Low Kick.png
    Egg - Drowzee - Amnesia.png Egg - Dunsparce - Horn Drill.png Egg - Eevee - Growth.png
    Egg - Ledyba - Barrier.png Egg - Marill - Hydro Pump.png Egg - Nidoran F - Lovely Kiss 2.png
    Egg - Nidoran F - Lovely Kiss.png Egg - Nidoran M - Lovely Kiss.png Egg - Nidoran M - Shiny - Lovely Kiss.png
    Egg - Oddish - Leech Seed.png Egg - Poliwag - Growth 2.png Egg - Poliwag - Growth.png
    Egg - Poliwag - Lovely Kiss 2.png Egg - Poliwag - Lovely Kiss.png Egg - Sneasel - Moonlight.png
    Egg - Wooper - Belly Drum.png

Attached Files:

2. Gridelin

Gridelin Well-Known Member

Do you mind me asking if you or your friend personally attended these events back in the day? Any stories about receiving these events in person would be great :)

3. pokedudedotcom

We did! It was brief and I unfortunately moved to France not long after but I still have memories of it since I was like 16 when it happened. I remember we used to hang around the Pokémon Center a lot looking for trades and we came with all of our friend's, cousins, mom's, grandpa's carts (lol) to get a ton of Pokémon.
    Another (painful) memory is getting home and discovering that ly sister's save was corrupted after attending one of the event (maybe a Celebi? I don't exactly remember) and we could never restore it.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Very nice find, you must have got extremely lucky back then to obtain both a shiny Mew (0.5% chance) and Shiny Celebi (1% chance).

Also pretty interesting to see you have Pokémon from campaigns we don't have here: Pokemon GEN 2 & 3 PCNY Distribution Machine Save Downloads

Thanks for sharing these, its great to see more extremely old event Pokémon surface.

5. pokedudedotcom

Hehehehehe unfortunately I'm not THAT lucky. As I obtained most of the eggs myself, all the shiny Pokémon were obtained by trades except Celebi. I remember throwing a whole bunch of Pokémon cards to get this shiny Mewtwo.

6. Gridelin

Gridelin Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff, so awesome to hear about this stuff all of these years later. For what it's worth, when we were redeeming a lot of Gen2 PCNY Pokemon for preservation, we also had several saves get corrupted. There is some problem with the Gen2-era distribution that can totally nuke the GBC saves with CPLD data.

Since your friend was backing up all these save files, were they also duplicating/cloning Pokemon to trade haha? We've heard stories like that in the past from PCNY attendees, and any more stories would be greatly appreciated :)

7. pharohzeke

pharohzeke New Member

Do you have any more friends that could potentially have any other saves? I missed out on getting Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil.

8. Mega_Pinsir

Mega_Pinsir New Member

I am trying to flash this save file to my own copy of Crystal, but when I do, it says the file is too large and corrupts my game, with no way of playing the cartridge afterwards. My program says the file is too large, being close to 33kb when the game can only hold 32kb. After flashing a different save to the cartridge it reverses whatever bad code is making the game fail to load, but why is this? How can I get this save file onto my own cartridge?

9. InsaneNutter

@Mega_Pinsir I suspect its to do with the RTC data, I have trimmed this from the save and its now exactly 32kb.

Please try the attached save and see if that works. Unfortunately, the battery in my Crystal cart is dead so I can't personally test on a real cart.

Attached Files:

10. HarrisGate

HarrisGate New Member

I also have a save file that is 33kb that I cannot get onto a cart. Are you able to share how you trim out the RTC data?

11. InsaneNutter

Open the save in HxD and delete anything after the 0007FF0 line:

upload_2022-11-30_9-21-18.png
    The save should then be 32kb

HarrisGate likes this.
  12. Twilight91

Twilight91 Elite Member

Can this be possible on the VC version?

13. KANTO LOVER

KANTO LOVER Member

Indeed, a very obscure collection you guys preserved, it was best decision for your friend to dump this rare save files, i wish if we could move or transfer this pokemons to later generation

14. Khronos

Khronos Member

It can, using a hacked console and checkpoint to restore the save file. I have already modified it to be compatible, later today I'll upload it.

Edit:
    Updated with the file. In the SD directory /3ds/Checkpoint/saves , move it to the Pokemon Crystal's folder.

Attached Files:

• sav.rar
      File size:
      7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Twilight91 likes this.