Pokémon Go Getting 80 New Pokemon From Gold, Silver and Crystal This Week

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, Feb 15, 2017.

By InsaneNutter on Feb 15, 2017 at 1:22 PM
  1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

pokemon-go-gold-silver-crystal-update.jpg

Today Pokemon Go developer Niantic announced that 80 new Pokemon are coming to Pokemon Go later this week. The new Pokemon will be from the Johto region found on GameBoy games Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal. This means it will finally be possible to obtain Pokemon such as Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile.

Niantic state that Pokemon Go will also have new encounter gameplay, when you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. You’ll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen.

In addition new berries will also be introduced. Trainers will have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

A new new avatars and an expanded Wardrobe will also be introduced, allowing trainers to give their avatar a complete upgrade, with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.

Are you still playing Pokemon Go? if so what do you think about this new update?

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, Feb 15, 2017.

1. suloku
      suloku
      ~25km yesterday, 8km this morning. It's been a lot of fun...but also a tiring experience, but now I can finally look at the radar and ignore what normally is there. Now the long road of rare spawns + different biome spaws starts again, I just hope I don't need 8 months for the gen 2 dex (and I'm still missing lapras...).
      Seems they are keeping two unrelesaed berries (according to datamine), and the evolution items are absurdly rare (only got a metal coat, and trust me, I've spun lots of stops).

Now I guess I should rest for what's left of the day... unless I am tempted to look at the radar and see a rare that makes me get out again...

Also, I think this is the first time I feel like niantic did a good job with the update. Nothing is broken and they introduced many useful and interesting features.

EDIT: a friend showed me some photos of cheaters who already have tyranitar and almost all of them... and they are putting them on gyms... sigh
    2. InsaneNutter
      InsaneNutter
      In total i played for around 5 hours yesterday with @Trebor and @Haloman

We started in our local town then walked up to the big park, where around 20 Pokestops had a lures on, we just kept walking around the park from Pokestop to Pokestop capturing everything that appeared, looking at my eggs i probably did around 17.4km yesterday.

I caught well over 150 Pokemon and way too many Swinub to count, although I have both a near enough perfect Piloswine and Swinub now so dont think ill be touching them again!

The park was a Misdreavus nest so I managed to get a couple of perfect Misdreavus along with enough candy to evolve it if / when later generations are added to the game.

I dont think I have too many rare Pokemon yet, however I've certainly got a lot of the common ones now, so if something unknown is on the radar it likely will be uncommon or rare.

The evolution items are stupidly rare I agree, i didn't get one yesterday and must have spun 100 Pokestops easily, if not more. I have heard your a lot more likely to get them on your 7th day streak Pokestop as that will be today for me ill see if i get one later on.

I need to walk 3km today to have enough candy to get a Dodrio (Only ever hatched 1x Doduo and never seen one in the wild) then all I need is a Kabutops and Dragonite for GEN 1. My 10k egg should hatch in 3km also so that's enough for today after yesterday.
      Slaz likes this.
    3. suloku
      suloku
      Swinub is quite rare here, I've only seen 3 so far, guess you'll be getting that hard ice medal soon. I got lucky and my first misdreavous was 43/45 IV.
      I'd like to know which are the rares for this generation and which ones are rare only on my biome. For example I've yet to see a mareep or hoppip (but there's a hopip nest nearby so...).
    4. Slaz
      Slaz
      For gen 1 I still need Muk, Electrode, Machamp, and Dragonite (and the 3 other regionals and legendaries for that matter). All are pretty close to an evolution except Machamp as I only hatched/caught a few Machop.

Currently in gen2, I got the common ones, Xatu, Ariados, Magcargo, Mantine, Chinchou, Sudowoodo, Gligar, and Teddiursa.
    5. InsaneNutter
      InsaneNutter
      I did manage to get an evolution item on my 7th day Pokestop, the first one i hit gave out a Dragonscale.

I've not seen a Mareep at all yet, same as Houndoom and quite a few others to be fair. Still hard to say whats uncommon and whats really rare at the moment. I managed to get two Chikoritas yesterday and a Totodile this morning. With Gen 1 i'd been playing two months before i got a Charmander and Bulbasaur.

My GEN 2's attached below:

Attached Files: