Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced For Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, May 30, 2018.

By InsaneNutter on May 30, 2018 at 7:28 AM
  1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

pokemon-lets-go-eevee-pikachu-box.jpg

Pokemon Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu have been announced for the Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Go integration. The games look to be a remake of the original GameBoy games, in particular Pokemon Yellow, however played in the style of Pokemon Go.

Instead of running through grass and encountering wild Pokemon that you take on in one-on-one challenges, gamers will swipe at Pokemon with the joycons to catch them, similar to how Pokemon are caught in Pokemon Go with a touch screen.

What's also interesting is Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu look to have a co-op mode, where two people can explore Kanto on one Switch console.

More can be seen in the trailer below:

In my opinion as someone who's really been enjoying Pokemon Go, first impressions from this trailer it look pretty good. Keep in mind this isn't a core Pokemon game, however a spin off. The next core Pokemon game is expected to be released in 2019.

What do you think? Personally I think if you enjoy Pokemon Go this will probably be an interesting spin off to play. With the Pokemon Go integration i'm hoping this allows for Pokemon transferred from Pokemon Go to remain on the Switch if desired, so we have a way to keep all the Pokemon we've caught locally.

The game also looks to have a co-op mode, where two people can explore Kanto on one Nintendo Switch.

Pokemon Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu will be released on November 16th 2018.

gatekeeper1122 likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, May 30, 2018.

1. Slaz
      Slaz
      As a daily Pokémon GO player, this news is everything, and more than I could hope for. Also getting that Pokéball controller.
    2. InsaneNutter
      InsaneNutter
      Same I think it will complement the Go game really well and hopefully get fans of the Go franchise on to the next core game when released in 2019.

Opinions seem to be divided on this, however as far as im concerned i'm getting a Pokemon game I want to play this year, and next year too.