Primeval Resurected

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Haloman, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Haloman

Haloman Addict

The TV show Primeval will Be back For two more series after a deal was brokered to save the show.

At the end of the last series (series 3) things were left on a cliffhanger (everyone thought there would be a series 4). But unfortunately due to massive budget cuts Primeval was announced to be canceled due to the High cost of making it, even though it's viewing figures averaged at 5 Million during its Saturday tea-time slot.

However, 3 Months after is cancellation, ITV have worked out a deal With UKTV and BBC Worldwide, which will fund the Filming of 13 new episodes (split between 2 series).

Series 4 will be Aired in early 2010 on ITV1 and series five will be Aired sometime Later on the digital channel Watch.

I am really pleased about this. While it doesn't hold a candle to Doctor Who it was still Saturday tea time fun. Am I the only One that Pleased about this?

Here's the News Story: BBC News

2. paardje

paardje Addict

It's just me, but here's a very STUPID question: what's the show about? Never heard it before and i'm a sci-fi fan!

3. Haloman

Haloman Addict

No its not stupid ;). Presumably you live in the US? its not really that big in the states.

Primeval is a TV Programe Broadcast during the 6.00-7.00 or 7.00-8.00 PM slot on Saterday Night on the ITV channel [One of the 5 main channels we get Without digital (BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5)]. Its supposed to be ITV's answer to Dr Who (though they are shown at different times of the Year)

The basic primise of the show is that portals in time (known in the show as anomalys in the show) Are openinig up all around the Country Letting all sorts of Pre-historic (and in some Cases Futuristic) beasties through into Modern Day (all Centred round london oddley.....But I am drifting). The Series Follows a team of scientists run by the government as they intercept the Pre-historic animals and try to find out why the anomalys keep poping up

Series 1

Deals with the team Discovering the anomalys and trying to stop Pre-historic critters Snacking on the populace. the seies ends with a time travel related twist that will leave your head spinning. as well as a figt between a primeval animal and a Future Predator (evolved from a bat.....Listen when you see it...its alot scarrier than it sounds OK!!!)

Series 2

Deals with the aftermath Of seires 1. It also Deals with the atempts of people to control the anomalys and what comes out of them. It ends on a tearjerker and an interestig cliff hanger.

Series 3

Deals with the events of series three and the interesting premise that the anomlys have been showing up through out history and the creatures that come through are responsible for the stories of all the mythological Creatures that have been told. it also deals with what could be a dark future for the human race...

it was after this series that the show was cancled. It ended on a cliff hanger (they thought they were going to get a fourth series....witch they are now) but thanks to a deal that they brokerd with other worldwide channels it now gets a chance to have a series 4 and 5 and wrap things up.

If you want more info follow this link: TV.com/ Primeval info

that explained it enough for you? if you want to watch it you will be able to get copies from somwhere. its a big program here in the uk.

4. paardje

paardje Addict

Thank you so much for the info, Haloman! But I thiiiiiiiiiink..... season 1 was broadcasted here in the Netherlands by Net 5! (but only season 1)

5. Haloman

Haloman Addict

well I can say that the other two series are worth a look see. The program isn't Shakespeare but it's definatley not bad.

6. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Always managed to watch it when it was shown on TV. Sure some might call it a poor mans Dr Who but I believe the shows story and characters are far removed from the BBCs Dr Who and it was able to stand on it's own for what it was. A fun show, sometimes serious that dealt with an interesting subject matter. Glad to hear it'll be back :D