Professor Brigette Joins The Fray!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Professor Brigette, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Professor Brigette

Professor Brigette New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm Professor Brigette. I am probably known for being the host of Pokémon Box and Pokémon Bank. I am also the older sister of the girl called Lanette, who is the adminstrator for the Hoenn's Pokémon storage system.

I'm interested in preserving data related to Pokémon, including debug features from debug versions of the games, as well as event distributions. Naturally that is how I found myself here :)

As the days pass us by, I hope to be able to provide some of the data associated with this. Cheers everyone!

jurassicjeep12 likes this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Welcome Professor Brigette, at it happens we also have Professor Oak here as you might have seen!

For event distribution's you have certainly come to the right place, a lot of time and money have gone in to preserving these for future generations to enjoy. I hope to see you around! :)

Professor Brigette likes this.
  3. Professor Brigette

Thank you so much for the kind words! I hope to be a fellow researcher alongside the esteemed Professor Oak.

Are there any restrictions regarding uploading files? Some time down the line, I'm hoping to eventually contribute some of the debug/beta ROMs for the older games, and wondering if there's anything against those, since I don't see them here.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Debug / Beta roms are not something we allow to be uploaded, with all the recent leaks it will bring too much unwanted attention. We're mainly trying to preserve event distributions / Pokemon with is a bit of a grey area as it is. However documentation of betas and such is more than welcome.

Professor Brigette likes this.
  5. Professor Brigette

Thank you so much for the clarification! What about IPS patches, derived from the retail ROMs and the debug/beta ROMs?
    (Or is that still within the confines of attracting unwanted attention? :/ )

I've just tried to make one for FireRed, and got a file around 7,000 KB in size.
    (After all, it appears that the ROMs that were leaked were more or less the final build, just with debug features intact).

I'm asking about all this, because my goal is to share how some debug subroutines gave away certain testing event Pokemon/gifts.