1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

[PSP] 5.00-M33 Custom Firmware.

Discussion in 'Consoles and Homebrew' started by Safinn, Nov 7, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Humm strange, have you tried restoring the default system settings after upgrading?

I’ve had to do that in the past for everything to work as it should when upgrading custom firmware versions.

2. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

Not sure what the problem ever was. It fixed itself somehow over time and hasn't given me any troubles since then. I was just checking the usual PSP modding sites and noticed there hasn't been anything new happening with CF in quite a long time. |-)

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, as far as new CFW nothing is out, as far as homebrew apps for the PSP its still very strong! PSP-3000 can now even use homebrew apps!! They are slowly getting it to M33. Also you can even enable plugins through the web browser on the PSP.

4. InsaneNutter

Nothing has really changed from version 5.00 to 5.50, just a few minor improvements to the web browser:

Description:

Sony's official 5.50 firmware update for the PlayStation Portable.
    • [Information Board] has been added as a feature under [PlayStation®Network]. You can view the latest news from PlayStation®Network.
    • Support for a Web security service provided by Trend Micro™ has been added to [Internet Browser].
    • An icon for [Internet Search] has been added to the menu bar in [Internet Browser].
    • In the options menu for a game under [Game], you can now perform an Internet search using the name of the game as the search keyword.
    • You can now view one more folder level under [Photo], [Music] and [Video].

I guess we will see a new custom firmware if there is a need for it.

5. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

Yeah, none of that stuff interests me. I don't have the ability to access the internet with mine anyway, and that's mostly what it applies to.

Anything worth looking into? *-)

I was REALLY interested in that emulator for Final Burn Alpha (FBA lbicelyne) or something, but I could never get it to work with anything other than a few Neo Geo games. I mainly wanted it for playing CPS3 roms, but no luck.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I'm not sure what new and what not so I'll just name all the homebrew I have. PSPdisp 0.2 (Allows you to hook the PC to PSP, it will show the PC screen on the PSP and you can control the PC with the PSP and play games like Diablo 2 and Resident Evil 4 on the PSP. Also you can hook it up to the PC with a USB cable or through wireless!), NesterJ 1.11(NES Emulator, works perfect) iR Shell 5.0 (Play games and music at the same time, allows multitasking with Slim PSP's, use PSP-1000's as a universal remote), SNES9x TYL ME 0.4.3 (SNES emulator most games work perfect, some of the games are sorta slow), DaedalusX64 Beta 2 UpdateUO (nintendo 64 Emulator, works alright still a long way to go but I can play Super Mario 64 on it without much problems), gpSP kai 3.2 test 8.6 (GBA emulator works perfect I think it also works with gameboy color), PSP Aircrack(Sniff for Passwords of Password encrypted routers), Ultimate PSPtube 2.0 (Youtube on PSP), Netfront Internet Browser Beta 2 (uses ALL of the PSP's RAM to be able to open big internet pages), PSPXTI (TI-91 graphing calculator),CtorrentPSP (download torrents with a PSP), PicoDrive (a Sega Genisis emulator and a Sega CD emulator that works nearly perfect and WILL play SonicCD perfect). Also there is a very nice homebrew (sorta) game. DOOM-PSP 0.05 plus, contains the full game of DOOM 1 and DOOM 2. Thats about it excluding my PS1 games and PSP games that are on my PSP's Memory card.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  7. InsaneNutter

In addition to what Dark Scyth has ive got:

USB special storage system – lets you mount the umd drive in Windows and copy an iso of the game across to the pc, you can then compress it in UMD gen and copy it back to the PSP. (The psp might be able to do that in recovery mode im not sure, ive always used that app anyway)

PSPRadio – Plays shoutcast streams

OpenJazz – A port of OpenJazz for the PSP, allows you to play the classic dos version Jazz Jackrabbit on your PSP.

I’m going to test out some of the ones Dark Scyth mentioned, there’s a few I’ve not used before (Y)

8. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

I doubt they'll ever get a N64 emulator at full speed. :(

I didn't know they're was a Sega CD emu...gonna get that. Tried that IR Shell thing a few months ago...don't like it. After using that..that's when my PSP started acting up. That usb storage system...haven't tried that one. I always just used UMD Dumper to create isos and that sort of stuff. I have most of those emulators mentioned and many more. Can't even try any of those apps that are for internet use. :(

Might try that PSPdisp 0.2 sometime also. Thanks guys. (Y)

Edit: Was gonna give thanks, but I don't see the tabs listed in this thread like I see in others. :O

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

The N64 as far as specs of it could work perfect on PSP but I doubt they'll get that far. Although most people didn't even think they would even get it past 5FPS. The first time I used iR Shell it was at 3.1 and I HATED IT! It froze all the time but in 5.0 it works PERFECT! I use UMDumper, I recommend getting a ISO to CSO converter. It works on the PC for coverting PSP ISO's. It'll cut the size by about 1/10. I guess thanks aren't allowed in all catagories. Sorry if this looks bunched up, typed from my PSP

10. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

Show off. :|:P

I have version 4.9 of IR Shell I believe. Main reason I wanted it was to control a TV, but I found an app for my Palm PC that pretty much equals the functionality of those Logitech Harmony remotes. :O

I always thought you needed a machine with specs around 10X higher than the console's specs being emulated to get perfect emulation. I haven't tried a N64 emu in a long time. SM64 was a complete mess and it wasn't worth the hassle at the time.

11. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

lol when I put typed on my PSP, that was the very last letter it would let me put down.

People say that they have to be around 10X higher but I refuse to believe that no matter what people say. It depends on how good the emulator build is. If it was on PC or even PSP it would depend on how much of the CPU the PSP or PC takes just to make the machine run. The specs of the PSP are around 10X higher then the PS1 but not all of the CPU is going directly to the game and nothing else it takes CPU to run the PSP and whatever else it takes to run on top of that.

I'm running my PSP's CPU at 100/50 and its playing a song perfectly this is with visuals, things just run sorta slow. PSP's CPU default usage is 222/111. Although I'm sure that just for more speed and not just to make it run so when playing a PS1 game on it, I would say around 75/37 is used to make the PSP run and the rest is for the PS1 game.

12. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Heres a small example the N64 is clocked at 93.75MHz and the Wii is clocked at 729MHz, though it has reached (or what seems to be) perfect emulation, from the games on Virtual Console. It rounds out to about 7.8 times quicker then the N64.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009