Reading Disk (Xbox 360)

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Safinn, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Safinn

Safinn Addict

For the past couple of days my xbox is having trouble reading the disk. I turn the xbox on and where you click to start playing the game it says open disk tray so I have to open and close it a few times until it reads it. It's not the disk because it happens with every games and i also tried cleaning the disk. So I think these are signs to my xbox breaking.

If it completly stops reading disk so I can't play can I get my xbox fixed with my warranty? I got my xbox 1 year ago.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you got it on Christmas day last year request it to be fixed now then you have done it before the 1 year warranty is over, that covers the 360 for any problems.

The 3 year warranty is only for RRoD’s so they might charge you for a new DVD drive if you wait a few months, however they did replace my brothers DVD drive when he got an RROD.

3. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I got it in November so thats over.. I think i'll just wait and hope it gets RROD and hope they replace the disk drive.

4. InsaneNutter

They are ways to make it RROD I hear :-# lol but probs not the best thing to do before Christmas!

5. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Can't get any game to work now. I think it's over :( How much would it cost to repair it?

6. InsaneNutter

£60 for an out of warranty repair I believe, say it has intermittent RROD’s and they should fix it for free, it would be hard to prove if I had one either way.

Its not exactly your fault the hardware inside the 360 fails all the time.

7. Safinn

Safinn Addict

It had to happen like a week after my standard warranty ran out. So they will ask for proof? And they will sort the drive out aswell?

8. InsaneNutter

Nope my brothers 360 has been back twice now, once where he got random RRoD’s and a few weeks ago when he got a permanent RRoD, both times he has brought up his console failed to read games and they have replaced the DVD drive at no extra cost.