Requests for map.

Discussion in 'Digiex Minecraft Server' started by Jozo117, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Jozo117

Jozo117 Active Member

Hey all,
    today I've been on the server and some people have been asking for a copy of the map, so they don't lose their stuff and buildings. I kind of agree that they should get it because of all the time they've spent building things and mining, but on the other hand, all admins are busy and might not be able to give it to them. The main people who have been asking are: GfxHacker, Phuppert and niklasbollmer along with SidPartelli. The main reason for GfxHacker, phuppert and niklasbollmer is that they have just spent weeks building a castle and don't want their time to go to waste. Please can an admin reply on this a simple Yes/No and why. Thank you.
    -Jozo

2. jessenic

jessenic Minecraft Guy

Maybe after our old server has been shut down, but not now.

3. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I'm affraid at the moment, we havent made any firm plans to this end. However we still have our Alpha Map backed up so its highly likely we wont lose it, and will at some point in the future make it publically available.

What they can do, is use a client mod called 'World Downloader' (Link: [1.8.1a] WorldDownloader - Minecraft Forum ) which allows their client to download parts of the map. This way, they can download their castle out of our server and use it on Single Player or there own server. We're usually against it as its disrespectful to server admins, however if people want to download their homes I have nothing against it due to the current situation.

4. niklasbollmer

niklasbollmer New Member

I want the Map! :-)