Review Metroid: Other M

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by paardje, Oct 9, 2010.

1. paardje

paardje Addict

Great good GOD! First of all: I really did not know that this game would look good: on a WII... but MAN does it look shiney! :D Especially the cutscenes that sometimes bring a tear to your eye... it all look so delecious!

But let's begin: the story takes place between two other Metroidgames (can't remember right now, but it is!) and Samus Aran picks up a distress call from a nearby bottleship (isn't it really BATTLEship?) not knowing that some guys from the Galactic Federation (ripped off Star Trek, now is it?) already got there. Some really weird shit is going on on that ship and you have to find out what all the fuzz is all about...

The music is to DIE for! What a soundtrack... peaceful music while you're moving but action music while you are fighting with some huge-looking bosses. (and some ARE huge!)

Roundup:

Music: * * * * * * * * * *
    Gameplay: * * * * * * * * *

Metroid_Other_M_by_Sentry86.png

TEAM NINJA: AWESOME JOB YOU GUYS!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I can say that I preferred this Metroid over the Primes. Of course game reviewers tried to say it had clunky controls and whatever the hell excuses they wanted to use to make it seem not as good when they honestly just should of said "Its not Metroid Prime" as that was really the reason why they were bitching about it. The controls in this game are quite nice and it has a nice phase between 1st person and 3rd person. The graphics in this game are definitely the best on the Wii by far, i'd love to see this game in 1080i/p. Team Ninja did a really good job on this game, you can tell they put Ninja Gaiden movements in but with a new mixture of that only seen in Other M. I highly recommend the game.

3. Jourdan Cameron

Jourdan Cameron Resident

I remember playing this one in the Nintendo World Store prior to its release. It was awesome! I love the mix of brawler/FPS!