Review The Golden Compass

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by paardje, Aug 2, 2009.

1. paardje

paardje Addict

Review the Golden compass...

O man, I wish if I knew this game was sooooooo..... never mind, let me tell you about it. You might know the movie The Golden Compass by New Line Cinema? Well, the game had really ticked me off! Did I saw it correctly? There was XBOX 360 on the front, right? Yes, I saw it good. Pretty artwork on the cover, check! Game of movie that I also own, check! XBOX 360, check! So with no further review I popped this game in my next gen console... What the heck??? After a few minutes I knew it: had this to be a XBOX 360 game? Where were all the shine? All the nice visuals? Oh noes! So I played thru the (usual) tutorial... double check: edgy graphics, bad visuals, *ugh!* that music... a first boss, way to easy to beat (a shaman throwing iceballs?) and all the QTE (quick timed events) Did it really had to? What I THOUGHT was a really neat game... was in reality a MONSTER! So that's why it was so cheap! But: are there also good sides on this game? Well: you can use it afterwards as a frisbee to throw it out of the window perhaps!

Ladies and gentlemen of DIGIEX: please, I beg you: if you ever come across this game: leave it on the shelves! It gave me bleeding eyes and a running nose!

As a proof: I give you some shots, if you can handle it!
    Sega, I know you can make good games, but this was one of the WORST!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RATING: 3/10

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Put it this way if I picked the box up it would be put straight back down, your review just confirms I would have made the right decision lol.

What happened to Sega? They were once the console kings now they really do find it hard to make a good game :S

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I didn't know PS2 games were on 360...Oh wait that 360 game just looks that horrible.

4. Haloman

Haloman Addict

Be very carful when you go in for the movie tie ins. There are only 2 that I can say are good. thats spiderman 2 and wolverine: xmen origins. pretty much all the others are rubbish. but ye gods this one really takes the crown?

5. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Off topic here but hey. I have to agree with Haloman and say that X-Men Origins:Wolverine was a very good movie game. That may be one of the best movie games I have played actually.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Unless you play it on the Wii.

7. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I would never play that on the Wii, or the PS2. The only way the game can be truly appreciated is by playing the Uncaged M-Rated Edition. Hack and Slash gaming at some of its best.