rtmp explorer just downloads the adverts

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by richardeblack, Jun 15, 2012.

1. richardeblack

richardeblack Member

Hello there,
    Not sure if I am posting this in the right place so apologies if I am wrong.
    I have run rtmp explorer to try and download a C4OD programme (the Killing season 2 episode 7) and find it seems to do a brilliant job of downloading the adverts but not the actual programme. It just streams it and the command prompt screen shows the downloads happening. I am obviously doing something wrong but can't see what. I have followed the instructions, I think.
    Many thanks if you can tell me where I have gone wrong.
    Richard.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It should play the adverts in the rtmp explorer window, then after they finish download the program.

I have just tested it on Misfits S03 E01 and it downloaded perfectly.

Do you have IE9? did you clear your internet history before using? do you have an antivirus that could be interfering, what OS are you on?

Attached Files:

• 40d.jpg
      40d.jpg
      File size:
      105.4 KB
      Views:
  3. richardeblack

richardeblack Member

Hello there,
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I am running ie9, cleared my internet history, am running sophos and windows 7 ultimate.
    I start it and it runs the adverts, then just plays the programme.
    I haven't tried it with a different tv programme, which would probably be a good idea.
    The actual software appeared to work brilliantly. I should have sent a screen dump for you to see what was happening. I will do so later.
    Thanks very much again,
    Richard.

4. richardeblack

richardeblack Member

Hello again,
    Just tried a different tv programme and it seems to be working fine. When it has finished, I will try the Killing again. I will come back again after I have tried it.
    Many thanks,
    Richard

5. richardeblack

richardeblack Member

Hello yet again,
    Here are the screen dumps.
    It just did the same again with The Killing. Tried both 7and 6.
    Many thanks,
    Richard.
    pdf_004_19062012_005920.jpg pdf_003_19062012_005904.jpg pdf_002_19062012_005845.jpg pdf_001_19062012_005820.jpg

6. richardeblack

richardeblack Member

Hello again,
    I don't know if you were notified of my replies, but had tried all your suggestions with no success. It just goes blank, records the adverts and then starts playing the programme. I have tried another programme, and it worked fine. Any suggestions welcome. the programme is here
    channel4.com/programmes/the-killing/4od#3364458
    I have missed 2 of them now and our broadband is so bad that we can't stream it.
    Any suggestions welcome.
    Many thanks,
    Richard

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I'm not too sure than especially as it works with other programs, ill try with that one if i get chance when home and see if it works here.

Other other alternative i can think of is to download the episode from torrents, you can get up to Series 2 Episode 13 on torrents at the moment.