so i decided

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by eskimo22269, Aug 18, 2009.

1. eskimo22269

eskimo22269 Member

that since i bought my ps3 i never am on the 360 anymore so you guys should start doin ps3 stuff to :) haha i know im a genius. tryin to find a way to get some of those so expensive bad ass themes for free of course :)

2. P.KID

P.KID Addict

ps3 ermm... not many exclusives any more... PS3's live lags a lot (my exp) yes i kno its free but its not worth it... Controls for games too hard... many games a let down cough haze... not many dlc excl. compared to xbx 360... need i say more? although these are my viewpoints on the PS3. Since i hav it i think that i wasted £400 for a piece of junk. Altough i do love the blu-ray (cheapest) ;)

3. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

If the themes cost money on the Playstation Network, they cannot be uploaded here because that would be illegal.

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Depends ;)

I may be a PS3 owner to soon, thanks to the new slim and price drop (only if it comes to the UK).

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I honestly dont think there is much that could be uploaded for the PS3, is it even possible to share demos and stuff for the PS3?

6. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

You can take out the hard drive and put it on your pc, as well as using memory stick. There must be a way to share some content for it.

7. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

:O

Anyway, I think that taking the hard drive out forces you to reformat it when it is put back in. At least that's what I heard, but that seems a bit ridiculous.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I dont think you do, you can take it out and put a big 500gig laptop hard drive in.

9. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    The PS3 price drop is absolutely amazing, still don't think I'll buy one, though. We've had our Wii since Christmas and it doesn't get played that often, maybe once or twice a month, at max. We had a PS2 for a while, couple years back and all it did was gather dust, even though we had 20 good titles for it, so I got rid of it.

I do believe that you can add the PS3 and the Xbox to your home network and it's possible to access shares from them. One of my mates at work streams movies from his PC to his PS3 (I think).

10. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

If you have Orb you can stream movies to a PS3, 360, and Wii without any problems. Though with a PS3 I think it has the location free player which would allow you to stream movies and TV from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection to your location free player and PS3.

11. Titcher

Titcher Addict

You might have trouble sharing content, as unlike the 360 hard drives, the PS3 hard drives are encrypted and haven't been cracked yet. When you put a new drive in it formats and encrypts it automatically.

12. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Ahh, cheers for that Titcher, that answers the question this thread is about. Is it the same for memory sticks?

13. Titcher

Titcher Addict

Well it doesn't encrypt flash drives or whatever when you copy saves, so you guys should be able to share saves. I can't confirm this part, but apparently you can copy PS3 content to flash drives also, and back them up onto any other PS3, so it might be worth giving that a go.

14. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, at the moment the most your going to get is sharing gamesaves but that is probably about it.

15. Safinn

Safinn Addict

The PS3 slim is going for $300 in the USA (Am I correct) which is £180 but in the UK they are selling them for £250 :O

16. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

You cant compare $ to £ directly or vice versa. The Value of a £ to us, is different to say an American.

I remember doing a comparasion with a friend in America, and when comparing a low skilled job of say working in a supermarket (Walmart in USA vs Asda in UK) the hourly rate was almost identical in $ and £ (say for example, $8 / £8 an hour).

Therefore thinking about it, a PS3 Slim costing an American 300 Units, and costing us 250 Units when we both get 8 Units an hour makes a PS3 Slim work out cheaper for us in real terms.

However yes when you look at direct exchange rates, we always get ripped off ;)

17. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Not always. *cough* Windows 7 *cough* Overall there are a lot of things you'll get ripped off on over there but that is the one major thing that your not getting ripped off on.

18. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Probably all down to the debacle with the EU and MS and the whole Internet Explorer thing. Besides this offer isn't available after December and by then most people will still be on XP or Vista and on the fence about upgrading or they'll have a new PC or laptop that already has Windows 7 installed. We're so ripped off in Britain that before the whole credit crunch happened it wasn't unheard of people from the UK travelling to America to buy things, mainly at Christmas. Would any US citizens ever think about flying to another country just to buy something? We've got screwed so many times it's easier just to pay up and get on with things now :(

19. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I shall fly over there and buy a pen. Then your theory shall be totally destroyed!(6)

On the serious side it is pretty ridiculous. They just seem to look the other way as if prices are almost 2X higher then they should be over there. Though I fall under the category of wanting to get Windows 7 before the end of December.

20. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Did anyone read my post about exchange rates? It kinda destroys the idea of things cheaper in the US???? Though does give us massive buying power when we go on holiday to America.