Sonic Lost World

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Rockman, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

I have noticed that for the last few days this game has been heavily criticised by popular gaming reviewers though I have to say that they're innacurate, terrible and whoever ill-informed reads will think the game is garbage. That's just not the truth about it.

The game from start to finish is graphically gorgeous, the voice acting is fantastic, the gameplay works smoothly, framerate is consistently in 60fps but you know what kills this wonderful experience for some people? The controls.

In Sonic Lost World you're required to learn how the controls work properly and which buttons to hit at the right time so that you don't die or lose rings. If you do everything correctly you'll love the game if not then you'll end up like those messy reviewers. Wonderful 101 also suffered from this because people are crappy players and just don't want to take the time to learn it.

Blistered Thumbs reviewer spent 14 hours playing Wonderful 101 and guess what? He never learnt the controls and gave a 3/10 which in other words means "avoid it". I wish that Platinum Games would develop Wonderful 102 but that's not likely to happen.

I just hope that people won't fall for these bullshit reviews and ignore great games that are out there.

My score for Sonic Lost World is a solid 8.5/10. It could have been a 9/10 if the Wii U Pro Controller were usable for one player mode.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I personally do think the game looks pretty awesome, however unless it comes to other platforms it's not a game i will be playing any time soon.

The majority of the reviews have slammed it for various reasons:

Source: Edge

How true is that? that's one of my pet peeves with games, stupidly long levels you need to reply if you happen to die.

Still i would love to try Sonic Lost World at some point!

3. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

The stages can either be very short or very long depending on how you decide to play it out. I prefer to explore every part of the stages because that's what SLW is focused on too, not just speed like the previous game but you can still go plenty fast as you wish.

And, SLW isn't coming out for non-Nintendo (Sega & Nintendo made a 3 exclusive deal) consoles but you might be able to play it on a store kiosk if they have a sample for customers to try out.