Speed issues at Digiex (09/12/2008)

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Nimrod, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

[​IMG]

We are currently experiencing a massive increase in traffic to both our web site and also our download server. For some people Digiex has become so slow taking more than a few seconds to load a page.

Let me just stress we are doing everything we can to try and resolve the issues, we are actively attempt to balance site speed while trying to keep downloads going. Digiex has pumped out more bandwidth in the past few days, than it has in the entire previous month.

When attempting to download content off Digiex you may get an error (depending on your browser or download client). This error is not to do with the download being broken, but the fact there's just too many people downloading at present. Instead of letting an unlimited number of people connect with slow downloads, we have temporally added restrictions to the number of downloads allowed at once. If you get an error just wait and try again later and hopefully a slot will be free.

We hope to improve speed all the time and hopefully in the next couple of days everything will be back to normal.

Thanks.

2. mattyd38

mattyd38 Console Modder

im glad someone posted some info on this, i wouldnt want people to think digiex was skimping on bandwidth...

also im exited to try the new res evil demo when i get home!!!

3. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

We'll forgive you Nimrod, just this once ;)

4. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Ahh, I was wondering what was happening. Very impressive though. Must be very busy!! Lots of guests.

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

You can see the stress at Digiex

Though Insanenutter hasn't finished formatting the page so its still kinda messy ;)

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It did look perfect however vbulletin likes to mess with the css, it will be fixed the end of next week when we get a break from uni ;) its more than usable atm!

7. wagner

wagner Well-Known Member

Hahah this is really funny 2 months ago I was still using a dialup connection(56k) and you guys are complaining about a few second load lol....I am so behind on the technology(Cry)

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Digiex was slower than a few seconds but its sorted out now!

I remember the dial up internet days, I don’t think dialup would be able to cope with a lot of modern website’s, it was slow in 2001 when I last used it, I would hate to imagine what it’s like these days with all the flashy websites out there.

9. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Yep seems like its back to normal and loading a good speeds.

So how long does it take you to load the page using dial up? Takes me about 2-3 seconds with broadband maybe less.

10. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Still having a few problems at work (when I usually go on Digiex during my Lunch to post). But now at home everything seems to be going fine. It might be that everyone is connecting to the internet at lunch time but I'm on a seperate gateway that's not used by alot of the people at my work. If I'm not on for a while it's because it's going too slow at work or I don't have time to look at Digiex in the evening.

11. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Just to let you know I don't seem to be having any trouble logging in and posting anymore :D What a difference a day makes it seems :P