Stand Up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cardo69, Jul 16, 2009.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Please can some1 point me in the right direction, im looking to start a collection of Stand Up comedy, so far i've got quite a collection, with the likes of Katt Williams (Favourite right now), Eddie Murphy, Steve Harvey, Bernie Mac (GOD REST HIS SOUL), D.l Hughley, Dave Chappelle, Jeff Dunham and a few more, all i need is for some1 to tell me which website i can maybe download it from, maybe something on e bay or something as im going thru a serious stand up comedy phase, im looking to collect the complete DEF JAM comedy, (thats quite alot, hopefully i can download it and not really pay as it could work out to alot), any stand up, British, american anything, as long as it is in English, i've got a good couple of local comedian's, i know its not possible for anybody overseas to download it or get it as its not really on the web, and i know it wont really be sold internationally. Not sure if i can, but im willing to upload it if you's are interested, its typical South African comedy, but i can assure you its FUNNY AS HELL!!, so Please can somebody tell me where i can get my hands on some good stand up, just not torrent's as i cant make use of them, and Not Rapidshare.....

2. Rustwick

Rustwick Resident

One of my favourites is Dave Chappelle but since you've already mentioned him, here are some other well known comedians that you might have overlooked:

Bill Hicks (RIP)
    Chris Rock
    George Carlin (RIP)
    Jimmy Carr
    Russell Brand
    Tim Minchin

I'll look into the ones you've already mentioned at some point as I haven't even heard of some of them. Good luck with your collection, although if you're just downloading them it doesn't really count as a collection, but that's another topic I think.

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Was going to mention Jeff Dunham but you already have done. One of my favourite comedians at the moment is Frankie Boyle. He is a regular guest on a show in the UK called Mock the Week. Search for some Youtube videos of him and the show, you won't be dissappointed :D Bill Bailey is also awesome. Bearing in mind both these comedians have strong accents but I'm sure you'll be able to understand them.

4. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I'm not really starting like a dvd collection, most stand up, you cant really get the dvd's here in s.a, there's not that much of a demand for it, thats why im going to have to download them, you dont get much stand up in the video shops we have, and we only have like a handfull of retails that sell DVD's and stuff, and none of them have much of a variety, therefore the only way that i can get the dvd's or show's is if i download them, they are international, and the south africans are more for their own country's comedy, but their are a good few people that enjoy international stand up, and i think you misunderstood what i was saying, the comedians that i have mentioned, those are the 1's that i already have their full collection (all their recorded shows they have ever done according to google and imdb), whatever i havent mentioned is what im looking for, im not looking for it to sell them or pirate them or anything, i just really enjoy stand up comedy, like they say, laughter is
    HEALING!!!

I've heard about Bill Bailey, but i've never seen any of his work, im going to try going on youtube tonite when i get home and check them out.

5. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

One of my favorite comedians at the moment is Craig Ferguson. He is really funny and has his own television show. He is pretty nuts and all over the place when he is on. Next to Jeff Dunham, he is one of my favorites. David Letterman is pretty funny as well.

6. Icharus_Falling

Icharus_Falling Resident

Bill Hicks is a must. (if you're a Tool fan, the voice-over in the beginning of the title track to Aenima is Bill Hicks)

Lewis Black
    Doug Standhope (acquired taste)

classics like George Carlin, Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby

some geat new comedians (new as in young and/or recent):

Mike Birbiglia
    Daniel Tosh
    Bill Burr

if you really want to hear a wide range of stand-up, get XM/Sirius satelite radio and listen to the uncensored comedy channel, its the best thing to ever happen to radio.

7. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

Tim Minchin is god.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

My all time fav! although he rarely does anything new stand up wise these days.

9. z3ddrocksz

z3ddrocksz Resident

dane cook is a "silly b****" as he puts it and he is!!!

he wasnt wearing loafers was he?
    no
    well good cause then you would be super gay like a super hero gay

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCE4cozlmw]YouTube - Dane Cook - Super Gay Dream[/ame]