Stargate Universe ...... And It Looks Good!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Haloman, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Haloman

Haloman Addict

Stargate was one of the ultimate Sci-fi shows. Sorry but its a fact. And there are 10 series of it that can back me up. 15 if you include the spinoff Stargate atlantis (not quite as good but it had its moments, and hey it went on for 5 series, thats got to say something).

So when both series were canclled I was quite upset. but soon there was news that there was going to be another spin off and it would be called stargate universe. while i and other fans were hapy to here this there were thoughs along the line "o god, this is going to beating a dead horse" but from the look of a trailer i've just seen it looks to be good.

the plot of the new sci-fi channel (I refuse to call it SyFy becuse its a stupid name and there was nothing wrong with the old one) show go's like this:

an undisclosed amount of time after the end of Stargate atlantis, stargate control unlocks the 9th symbol on the gate. this whisks the base crew to the Ancient ship Orion. unable to get home the crew must make do and mend on a ship that is falling apart.

now i know this looks like Stargate does Battlestar Galactica but i think it looks good, i will leave you to decide for yourselvs.

Heres the Trailer:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5AOJatwYg]YouTube - SyFy Stargate Universe http://teaser-trailer.com[/ame]

2. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Iv been looking forward to this for a long time, but the trailer makes it look like a total reboot of the series which while is good for new people, oldies like me who have watched since Season 1 of SG-1 I dunno if I will enjoy it so much.

And Atlantis owned SG-1, better story lines, more action and good cliff hangers.

3. Haloman

Haloman Addict

I have to admit SG-1 did have a tendency to Disapear up its own wormhole at times but i was a fan of both series.

i dont think it looks like a reebot, and they have said that the cast of both of the other shows will have cameos so it will be connected, but just not as much.

4. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I agree with Nimrod. Atlantis was an amazing show and much better than SG-1.

5. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Sorry to say Haloman but I also liked Atlantis more than SG-1. It's probably down to the fact that I liked the Wraith being bad guys more than the Goa'uld and the Ori. I was a little dissapointed when watching the trailer realising that they weren't going to carry on from Atlantis (with the ship creating a wormhole tech etc etc) but it does look good and it has Robert Carlyle! If it does refer to the previous shows (the tech, the characters, lore and races etc) then I'll be happy. If it makes little throw away references then I just hope the show is good enough to stand on it's own. Either way the trailer looks good and I can't wait for it to be shown in the autumn (fall).

6. Haloman

Haloman Addict

ok then I stand corected LOL. I have to admit that towrds the end my favorite of the two was atlantis. it probably had somthing to do with the first three seasons doctor carson. he was a brit (yes i know he was scotish but near enough) and he was also damn funny. and mckay :D

from what i heard this show is its own animal but there will be references and cameos from the cast of the other 2 series.

7. Camusy

Camusy Member

It's indeed a pretty good one, I love it

8. ahsing

ahsing Well-Known Member

I also agree Atlantis is better, to bad it has only 5 seasons.

9. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

Is the the one with that English bloke out of Full Monty in it?

10. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

You mean Scottish bloke Robert Carlyle? Yes it is.

11. ahsing

ahsing Well-Known Member

The teaser trailer for SGU just got blocked Haloman.

12. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

Thats the one.

13. ahsing

ahsing Well-Known Member

14. ahsing

ahsing Well-Known Member

It's still a beta.